• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cuasi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2023
    Indianapolis
    My G3C has a problem of not firing, its a 50/50 wouldnt say its a jamming problem but when I do pull the trigger its like the firing pin isnt reacting and setting off the bullet. When I pull the slide back a bit and let it go then it’ll sometimes fires or I completely have to clear it. any ideas?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My G3C has a problem of not firing, its a 50/50 wouldnt say its a jamming problem but when I do pull the trigger its like the firing pin isnt reacting and setting off the bullet. When I pull the slide back a bit and let it go then it’ll sometimes fires or I completely have to clear it. any ideas?
    Maybe.
    How old is this gun?
    How many rounds does it have down the pipe?
    Has it ever been stripped to the bone and cleaned?

The reason I ask is simply this.
    Some gun manufacturers use more of a preservative than a grease.
    If the firing pin channel has some of this preservative in it, or even dirty grease, it can gum up the firing pin channel and restrict the movement of the firing pin.

Try tearing the gun down and cleaning it, this time using a degreaser spray on the bolt if you can't remove the pin.
    Reassemble using a good lightweight oil in the firing pin channel.

I've seen this before.
    Especially in brand new, or very dirty guns.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Maybe.
    How old is this gun?
    How many rounds does it have down the pipe?
    Has it ever been stripped to the bone and cleaned?

The reason I ask is simply this.
    Some gun manufacturers use more of a preservative than a grease.
    If the firing pin channel has some of this preservative in it, or even dirty grease, it can gum up the firing pin channel and restrict the movement of the firing pin.

Try tearing the gun down and cleaning it, this time using a degreaser spray on the bolt if you can't remove the pin.
    Reassemble using a good lightweight oil in the firing pin channel.

I've seen this before.
    Especially in brand new, or very dirty guns.
    My daughter bought the same in 9mm. Haven't shot it yet, but exactly what your saying is 90% of new gun problems. Sure the g3 is a $250 or less gun, but that doesn't mean anything. I did research on alot of the lower cost guns and found the problem was in the factory lube...

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    Send it back to Taurus. They will make it right. Lifetime warranty. I have a G2C that I will be sending back, Stevie Wonder can shoot better than me with the G2C

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Been over a year, what was your outcome? Still haven't shot my daughters but in a trade, a G3C was 1 of the guns. Previous owner said a firering issue such as yours and said he installed a stiffer firering pin spring. I haven't shot it yet.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Been over a year, what was your outcome? Still haven't shot my daughters but in a trade, a G3C was 1 of the guns. Previous owner said a firering issue such as yours and said he installed a stiffer firering pin spring. I haven't shot it yet.
    Actually I think he was saying the striker didn’t move when he tried to pull trigger. The one I traded you as well as the one my friend bought same day and still has the striker function and left a mark on primer but often didn’t strike a primer hard enough to set the round off. His problem sounds like something more complicated.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    IIRC, the stiker channel should be clean and dry. Run a q-tip down it and look with a flashlight to ensure theirs no lube or grease causing the stiker to stick.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My G2c ran like a champ, right out of the box, the same with my GX4, call Taurus customer service. Also what these guys say, try that first.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Both of my G2c ran great both got 1k rds in 2 days to test. I now have a G3x and it's ran great so far. However, I'm a ways from 1000rds yet.

You might want to check the striker, spring, sleeve, and channel for burrs.
    Also someone might have put that shipping grease/oil in the striker sleeve/spring/channel which would cause problems.

Top Bottom