• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    Has anyone purchased a High Standard HSA-15 and had problems with it? I bought one about two months ago. When I got it home I took it put of the box, land loaded a mag. I shot about ten rounds through it and it stopped shooting. I had to pull the charge handle back and eject the (not fired)round. When I look at the round it it seemed the primer had barely been struck. I shot about ten more rounds and it done the same thing. I pulled the bcg out and noticed that one of the gas rings were bent and flattened. I thought it was my fault because I did not il the gun out of the box.
    For that reason I purchased a McFarland gas ring and replaced the old ones. Took the gun out and shot it and it done the same thing.
    When I called High Standard the lady I spoke with told me to send it back and they would see if it was a part that the warranty would cover, and if it wasn't then they would charge me to fix it. She was very rude to me so I told her I would just keep dumping money into it so she said "o.k., have a nice day".
    I am going to call the place where I bought it to see if they will work with me and try to get it fixed.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong with it?

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    They fixed my Houston Victor that was a jam o matic under warranty. The frame had an over sized mag well, and they replaced the frame with a new stainless one, that they said will even shoot HV ammo as long as I keep the springs changed, but I still shoot SV ammo in it. They checked and tuned the whole pistol, and even replaced the rear sight, which I had accidentally bent, all free. I paid for shipping there and they paid for the return shipping. The pistol shoots better than my S&W 41 now. The lady that I talked to was very nice and very helpful.

Dave

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I would send the gun back to the manufacturer, with a letter explaining that you have only fired 20 rounds (or the actual round count) and it failed at round 10 and what you have done. Then if you used a credit card to purchase the gun and they try to charge you, call the card company - they will straighten the situation out. I have told one store that I would call Visa and their entire demeanor changed immediately. The store that sold the firearm would be where the disputed charge would be settled - but they would then send the gun back to the manufacturer for refund. However I doubt the manufacturer will try to charge you - sounds like either a burr or out of spec. part causing the failure.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Has anyone purchased a High Standard HSA-15 and had problems with it? I bought one about two months ago. When I got it home I took it put of the box, land loaded a mag. I shot about ten rounds through it and it stopped shooting. I had to pull the charge handle back and eject the (not fired)round. When I look at the round it it seemed the primer had barely been struck. I shot about ten more rounds and it done the same thing. I pulled the bcg out and noticed that one of the gas rings were bent and flattened. I thought it was my fault because I did not il the gun out of the box.
    For that reason I purchased a McFarland gas ring and replaced the old ones. Took the gun out and shot it and it done the same thing.
    When I called High Standard the lady I spoke with told me to send it back and they would see if it was a part that the warranty would cover, and if it wasn't then they would charge me to fix it. She was very rude to me so I told her I would just keep dumping money into it so she said "o.k., have a nice day".
    I am going to call the place where I bought it to see if they will work with me and try to get it fixed.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong with it?

Primers can get a small ding due to the floating firing pin. That does NOT mean the hammer made a normal strike.

Did the round fail to fire after a normal hammer strike or did it just "stop shooting" and there was a live round in the chamber?

You can go to the range and test to see if you're having hammer follow.

That'd be the first thing I'd check for.

Well, maybe not ;) I'd clean it really well before I shot it. Might be some stuff floating in the chamber or trigger group causing an issue.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    The owner's name is Alan Aronstein, try to talk to him when you call. He also hangs out on RF Central. I contacted him through pm on my Victor.

Dave

Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    Primers can get a small ding due to the floating firing pin. That does NOT mean the hammer made a normal strike.

Did the round fail to fire after a normal hammer strike or did it just "stop shooting" and there was a live round in the chamber?

You can go to the range and test to see if you're having hammer follow.

That'd be the first thing I'd check for.

Well, maybe not ;) I'd clean it really well before I shot it. Might be some stuff floating in the chamber or trigger group causing an issue.
    It did just stop shooting with a live round in the chamber. I actually did clean it real well after I replaced the gas rings before I shot it.
    Sorry it took so long to reply, been real busy and had a couple teeth cut out.
    I am taking it to ACME in Seymour tomorrow. Thats where I bought it and they told me to bring it down and they could probably take care of it. If not I will take it to Gary Growe.

Top Bottom