• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Does anyone have any experience with these holsters?

More specifically the "hidden ally"? Hidden Ally

Great price for what looks like a nice holster. I will be carrying an SP101 snub. It's also shirt tuckable too!!

Thanks!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I use and like the Split Decision. Almost identical to the Hidden Ally.

I've used one for a KelTec P11...really liked how it carried.

I've used one for a Kahr CW-40...really liked how it carried.

Currently have one for my J-frame...really like how it carries.

A buddy had one with his XD-45 Service and he liked it, even though I think the pistol is too big for that kind of holster.

-J-

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    More specifically the "hidden ally"? Hidden Ally
    I have it. Before I decided on a different carry method, I used it exclusively for my J-frame (small of back carry). I still carry it as a back up at times. High Noon makes a really good leather product, but the blended stuff (skin?) sucks.
    Upon sending back a 'Bare Skin", I found that their customer service sucks.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I have a Skin Tight for my XDm-9; rides a nice and tight, but hard to get the gun (no problem getting out). Really like the way it rides, and use it over the CrossBreed when wearing something that covers it up. -- Greg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I once had a "Bare Asset" for a Glock 19. It was pretty basic and inexpensive. I didn't care for the sharp edge on the metal clip that abraded my gun belt. I also didn't find the thin leather to be particularly comfortable. It wouldn't stay open to reholster, even with an extra piece of leather at the mouth.

But, it did cover the trigger guard, and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. It fell in my "holster journey" between an Uncle Mike's fabric IWB and a Comp-Tac Infidel.

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    I carry my PPS in one and love it. You have to watch the retention hardware. Lost mine and they were nice and sent me new hardware free. That's customer service. The only negative that I've found is it's difficult to reholster while wearing. It could just be I'm too fat................

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    I don't have that model but I will vouch for one of their other products.

Four of the last five holsters that I have bought have been the Topless from High Noon. I love that holster.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I carry my M&P40c in a Highnoon split decision daily. The only difference (IIRC) is the 5 degree cant on the split decision. Have been happy with this holster for the nearly two years that I've carried with it.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I once had a "Bare Asset" for a Glock 19. It was pretty basic and inexpensive. I didn't care for the sharp edge on the metal clip that abraded my gun belt. I also didn't find the thin leather to be particularly comfortable. It wouldn't stay open to reholster, even with an extra piece of leather at the mouth.

But, it did cover the trigger guard, and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. It fell in my "holster journey" between an Uncle Mike's fabric IWB and a Comp-Tac Infidel.

"Holster journey", I like that. I may put that on my holster box.:D

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A Split decision came with the Taurus 709 Slim that I bought from an :ingo: member. It was (is) a great fit and I really enjoy using it. :yesway: I liked it so much that I recently bought one for my Glock 26. It works much better with the G26 than the Galco Summer Comfort or the Kholster Crescent for IWB.

I still use the Blackhawk CQC for OWB, and this is my overall preference. But if I can't OC and can't wear a jacket, sport coat or blazer, the Split decision is great.

The Split Decision holds the weapon tight to the body so it does not print, even with the Scherer +2 extender. It remains in place no matter what my activity, though I do not wear it when working out at the gym. It functions well as a tuckable, easy to install (i.e. mount on the belt and get the shirt in place), and still gives ready access at need. The only negative is that it is a bit difficult to re-holster. But by the time I am putting it away, I should be able to use both hands. If I can't use both hands, it probably won't matter anyway. :nopity::whistle:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yeah, there should totally be an INGO "Community Holster Chest" where members could "sign out" and test holsters before buying one. :):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah, there should totally be an INGO "Community Holster Chest" where members could "sign out" and test holsters before buying one. :):

I've seen this idea on other forums before. It was all handled online, with members simply shipping various holsters to other member's houses. Unfortunately it seemed like the end result was never quite worth the hassle involved.

An actual physical location would be awesome, but not conducive to a state-wide board. :(

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    The holster I ordered didn't work for me. However, Highnoon stood by their product and honored their return policy without any hassles. I'll definitely do business with them again.

Top Bottom