• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Has anyone hiked the Three Lakes Trail in the Morgan-Monroe State Forest?

How well is the trail marked? I was hoping to take my girlfriend on her first 10ish-miler hike and don't want to scare her too much :)

Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    This here is some great advice! October 1st is the official kick off for bow hunters.

You do not want to an arrow plunged into your kill zone nor would you want to bust up someone's hunt.

Didn't know that, thanks!

But why would someone choose to hunt where there is a somewhat popular hiking trail?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Didn't know that, thanks!

But why would someone choose to hunt where there is a somewhat popular hiking trail?

Because its hunting season. Plan you hike for opening day of shotgun season and be in the woods before sunrise and you will quickly realize why.

We got the bug to go hiking back in my late teens down there and we really didn't think about it. A short distance in we were met by three heavily intoxicated hunters. Needless to say we cut our hike short. The last thing you want is some drunk mistaking you for a moving animal.

Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Because its hunting season. Plan you hike for opening day of shotgun season and be in the woods before sunrise and you will quickly realize why.

We got the bug to go hiking back in my late teens down there and we really didn't think about it. A short distance in we were met by three heavily intoxicated hunters. Needless to say we cut our hike short. The last thing you want is some drunk mistaking you for a moving animal.

Sad. Too bad a conservation officer couldn't have arrested them and confiscated their firearms.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Sad. Too bad a conservation officer couldn't have arrested them and confiscated their firearms.

When it starts getting colder in the 20-30's you don't have to worry as much. Overall it's one of my favorite trails. You can also camp in the designated backwoods area. Its a good way to test your skills and gear in the event you want to tackle something longer.

Top Bottom