• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We wonder why Hillary wasn't taken to the hospital for diagnostic testing. We thought they were stupid for not doing so.

but they already knew what's wrong with her, they just won't tell us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We wonder why Hillary wasn't taken to the hospital for diagnostic testing. We thought they were stupid for not doing so.

but they already knew what's wrong with her, they just won't tell us.

Oh, I think many of us suspected that they didn't want to go to the hospital because then more people would know whatever they're trying to hide.

A lot of medical professionals have been saying that Parkinson's disease best explains what we've been seeing for the past couple of months. In your opinion can pneumonia cause someone to bob their head uncontrollably? Does it cause someone to freeze stiff like we saw before she was drug into the van? I'm not a medical professional, but to me that just seems like it has to be neurological.

She may have pneumonia now, but I think that's not all she has. And I don't think they want people to know what she has. If she has Parkinson's disease that would make her physically unfit for POTUS--not that her fans wouldn't still vote for her. But I do think that's why she didn't go to the hospital. More people would think she's physically unfit.

morrismm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Here is an interesting article on this topic: We need unbiased medical exams for presidential candidates - Chicago Tribune

I'm not quite sure how one would go about finding an unbiased doctor to review the president's health (and whether he/she is physically/mentally sound to be president). Wouldn't any doctor be inherently biased based on their personal views? I do, however, think the article raises a valid point. There should probably be an independent review/assessment of the president's health.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hate to say anything that could possibly be misconstrued as pro Hillary, but I have suffered from dehydration many times. My symptoms range from slightly dehydrated with minor cramps in my hands and limbs, to moderately dehydrated with severe cramps in major muscle groups through severely dehydrated where I become disorientated, weak, and possibly collapse. This summer I was working outside (when I am working I sometimes forget to eat and drink) and I came near collapse, I told them not to call an ambulance, to just help me to the shade and give me my salt water. I drink from 1 to 2 gallons of salt water a day in the summer and a quart or more all year.

I understand not wanting to go to the hospital. When I get dehydrated I know what I need. I was not perky after 45 minutes, but I was out of danger. Now they have changed their story several times so you cannot believe anything they say.

When she was hauled to the van it was alarming. When they gave the dehydration story I couldn't see how she could have become "that" dehydrated, but her outward symptoms were nearly exactly the same as mine this summer. In my case, there were a couple of folks that were pretty alarmed, that wanted to call an ambulance, but I had to assure them that I would be fine in a little while.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    History repeating itself...

Was watching a new FDR documentary(*) on Netflix. They show the efforts the media and government went to too hide Roosevelt's condition (polio and chronic heart disease). Obviously long before camera phones or when regular people carried a camera.

I can't imagine how many lives and dollars (think Cold War, Korea, Vietnam...) may have been saved if we had a fully functioning president at Yalta when Europe and the world were being divided up.

Wonder how long until Hillary's poor health adversely impacts our country to the same depth as FDR.

edit to add:
    (*)David Reynolds, World War Two: 1945 and the Wheelchair President

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Oh, I think many of us suspected that they didn't want to go to the hospital because then more people would know whatever they're trying to hide.

A lot of medical professionals have been saying that Parkinson's disease best explains what we've been seeing for the past couple of months. In your opinion can pneumonia cause someone to bob their head uncontrollably? Does it cause someone to freeze stiff like we saw before she was drug into the van? I'm not a medical professional, but to me that just seems like it has to be neurological.

She may have pneumonia now, but I think that's not all she has. And I don't think they want people to know what she has. If she has Parkinson's disease that would make her physically unfit for POTUS--not that her fans wouldn't still vote for her. But I do think that's why she didn't go to the hospital. More people would think she's physically unfit.

My layman's perception here was that she might have just been weak, barely able to stand. They had her leaning back against that cement barrier, thus the head was bobbing backwards. When it was time to move forward, she couldn't do it. The jerking was perhaps more that she was being pulled on.

Twice before, she's passed out in public when supposedly dealing with a minor illness. On one of those occasions, no one caught her.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My opinion is that our history was not affected nearly as much by FDR's health as his politics. Hillary is FDR's politics on steroids.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here is an interesting article on this topic: We need unbiased medical exams for presidential candidates - Chicago Tribune

I'm not quite sure how one would go about finding an unbiased doctor to review the president's health (and whether he/she is physically/mentally sound to be president). Wouldn't any doctor be inherently biased based on their personal views? I do, however, think the article raises a valid point. There should probably be an independent review/assessment of the president's health.

I hate to say anything that could possibly be misconstrued as pro Hillary, but I have suffered from dehydration many times. My symptoms range from slightly dehydrated with minor cramps in my hands and limbs, to moderately dehydrated with severe cramps in major muscle groups through severely dehydrated where I become disorientated, weak, and possibly collapse. This summer I was working outside (when I am working I sometimes forget to eat and drink) and I came near collapse, I told them not to call an ambulance, to just help me to the shade and give me my salt water. I drink from 1 to 2 gallons of salt water a day in the summer and a quart or more all year.

I understand not wanting to go to the hospital. When I get dehydrated I know what I need. I was not perky after 45 minutes, but I was out of danger. Now they have changed their story several times so you cannot believe anything they say.

When she was hauled to the van it was alarming. When they gave the dehydration story I couldn't see how she could have become "that" dehydrated, but her outward symptoms were nearly exactly the same as mine this summer. In my case, there were a couple of folks that were pretty alarmed, that wanted to call an ambulance, but I had to assure them that I would be fine in a little while.

Did you ever have an episode of dehydration that caused your head to bob uncontrollably?

My layman's perception here was that she might have just been weak, barely able to stand. They had her leaning back against that cement barrier, thus the head was bobbing backwards. When it was time to move forward, she couldn't do it. The jerking was perhaps more that she was being pulled on.

Twice before, she's passed out in public when supposedly dealing with a minor illness. On one of those occasions, no one caught her.

If that were the only instance, I suppose that could explain it. But what about all the things taken together over the past few months? To me, dehydration and pneumonia doesn't explain all of it. What about her wild gestures when the balloons dropped that the DNC? What about her other wild gestures and head bobbing? At the van, we're not given a close up look.

I've had cramping before. I've been dehidrated. The facial expressions I've made I doubt look anything like Hillary did those other times.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If I'm already subscribed I just move on If I am not feeling civil or feelthat what i think will seem contentious. Otherwise I just post a (.) to subscribe and see where it goes.

Some folk take the :popcorn: the wrong way.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If I'm already subscribed I just move on If I am not feeling civil or feelthat what i think will seem contentious. Otherwise I just post a (.) to subscribe and see where it goes.

Some folk take the :popcorn: the wrong way.

It's cleaner to subscribe by clicking "Thread Tools" and "Subscribe to this thread". No popcorn, boobie (.) or other post required.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    RY1026lg.jpg

Foreshadowing

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A bit stronger, but still sucks. I still have pain, which apparently I'm not supposed to have. Post labrum and Bicep tendo-something, had 8 anchors put in.

Tenotomy or tenodesis, often depends on your activity level and age but I just read a recent article showing little difference between the two. Eight anchors is a lot! What in the world did you do to that shoulder?

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    It's cleaner to subscribe by clicking "Thread Tools" and "Subscribe to this thread". No popcorn, boobie (.) or other post required.

I didn't know that the (.) was referring to a body part.

Learn something new everyday on INGO! :ingo:

You kids and your interweb slang... :cool:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is Lurk Team 6 level info. Remember your nondisclosure agreement and the possible penalties.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Since we're discussing it... Oh you got me started.

:soapbox:

I use the popcorn icon to subscribe because it's actually easier to use than using the "subscribe". I'm usually at the bottom of the page when I decide to subscribe anyway. Click in the reply box, type a colon + "popcorn" + colon, click post, done. The post is submitted via ajax so no round trip + page load to wait on.

To subscribe, scroll all the way to the top, click "thread tools", click "subscribe", wait for the confirm page to load, submit that, then wait for the redirect back to the thread page. Too many clicks, too much waiting for page loads. popcorn is just simpler. Also, someone else brought up that it also bumps the thread, so others who might not have seen it will see it.

I never understood why there's a confirm page for something that's actually kinda hard to request by mistake, and the consequences of accidentally requesting it are mild. Contrast that with the subscription/new posts list on the User CP, where it's very easy, especially on an iPhone, to accidentally unsubscribe. And the consequences are, you usually don't know from which thread you've accidentally unsubscribed.

So, if I owe a response to someone. Sorry. I probably fat-fingered the thread and unsubed.

Top Bottom