HIPAA claims another victim - when will we stop the insanity?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I am challenging what constitutes “professional”

HAAAAA !!!!!!!! You and me both brother ! Some of those educated idiots will kill ya if you let'em OR they'll actually cry about how hard it can be because everybody's different and it's not always like the book says it should be ! HAAAAAAA MUUAAAHHH !!

Texas nurse treats a measles kid. Posts about it in an anti-vax forum (of which she is a member, and a non-vaxxer). Someone screenshots it and posts it on hospital FB. They fire her.

This is absurd. HIPAA fears are real, administrative reactions are as bad as corporations removing sponsorships from you for things your dad said before you were born, that were not racist.

If it's some mortal sin to post that, why did the newspaper reprint it. I know they are not bound by HIPAA, but if the offense is someone posting the info, why did they do it? So freaking stupid.

The problem is actually quite simple , loose lips sink ships . Ships you may not even be aware of but none the less connected to .

Playing devil's advocate here , as a hypothetical exorcise .

Say a patient presents at n ED as a normal junkie but refuses pills and goes home with no treatment . Maybe that guy starts looking for a primary Dr . but instead settles for a young , inexperienced , dogmatic NP .

That patient is in a lot of pain and has maybe ran his mouth a little more than he should have .

In the same vain as " there is power of life and death in the tongue " , that dogmatic little ****tard anal flap NP runs her mouth to the wrong ears and that patient winds up dead .

Where would the blame lie in that situation ?

IMO the moral to that story is , you never know what you don't know , so until you know otherwise , it's probably best not to run your mouth but that's just one guy's UN professional opinion .

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    second article....

I skimmed right over that... In her defense, if she posted no more than what was quoted, the hospital's statement had more so called "PHI" than what she wrote.

I think HIPAA was more of an excuse than the reason she is not working there anymore.

Top Bottom