• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    (This story involves my first handgun purchase so I'm a little passionate and long winded)
    I've been in Target Sports MANY times in the last 3 years just because it's on the way home from work and a gun store is a great place to go when you have an extra 30 minutes. Despite my being a tourist more than a customer I've always been treated with great respect.
    Ron has an amazing ability to be answering the phone and deal with 2-3 other customers at the same time. That in and of itself is not all that rare but he does it in a manor that each customer is still getting his honest attention and respect. Consider all the negative stories you hear about other stores not being able to stretch their attention between customers that need help, and friends that want to chat, and the callers that want to ramble on and on. Then go into Ron's place and watch the master work. I am too new to the gun culture to comment with credibility about the selection, prices, and technical stuff. I do, however, know enough about people to know it takes a lot of raw intelligence to be able to make dealing with multiple people at the same time look as easy as he does. I also know that when I hear him tell someone on the phone "I do carry those but I don't know much about them" that he is a professional at least as much as he is a business owner.
    I went in to buy a M&P standard size. The first thing I noticed is that he had a (new)Henry survival .22 that I had been looking for and not found (in 4 other gun stores). I put that on the counter as if to say I'm not done shopping yet. He didn't have an M&P standard but he did have all its cousins...a compact in 2 or 3 calibers, several others I didn't know existed and a (cue the heavenly aaaaaahhhhh background sound) M&P9 pro series. I had the good luck to make the move of inquiring about this one first. You could see the excitement in his tone as he started to spill the beans on the evolution of the handgun for service, protection, and sport and how he feels this gun fits into that picture. Don't get me wrong he will let you know where he stands on most any subject but unlike the political sermon I've endured at other stores his is more conversational and I've seen him tone it up or down if the customer looked like they were engaging or being put off.
    I walked out of there after buying both.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    now that he got your money out of your pocket I assure you his customer service will go down hill....Trust me ive spent 2500 with him and sent my 2 brothers and one friend to him and between them 3 they spent over 11200. all 3 of them told him i sent them and he never once said thank you or nothing....period. even when i do still go in there I have to remind him who i am.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Never have been impressed with Ron myself. Went in one time to see about selling an "off brand" 38,told me it was junk and wouldn't even trust it to shoot. He hands it to one of his "buddies' to confirm it and the guy says "looks alright to me, locks up tight and seems to be a decent gun for what it is". Ron offers me $60, his buddy bought it for $130! Next time in I find a used shotgun I want to buy but Ron is too busy selling a "high doller pistol" to take my money or even acknowledge I'm there. Last and final time I set foot in the shop he tries to sell me a bunch of realoaded ammo for way too much claiming it's "such a deal I'd be a fool to pass it up" Sorry Target Sports but you're on my "don't waste the time list' of gun shops. Hope others have better luck.

Elkrock777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    I bought an AOW from Ron and was satisfied. I waited over 4 months on the paperwork to clear the government and when it did he called. I was there within 30 min. There were other customers in the store, he asked to help me, he didnt remember me, and i didnt expect him to, i gave him the secret password handshake, lol, he knew i had been waiting and got me out the door lickity split. I,m a guy i walk in, buy what I want, no bs, na a$$ kissin needed, thank you very much... I've spent way more (thousands) at McDonalds and what do i get? Cold fries.

Flyfishtrip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Westfield
    I found His & Hers based on the listing of gun shops on this site. I was looking for a close by shop to where I live. After visiting once I was impressed by Ron and the general feel of the shop. I didn't feel like some thug was going to venture in. I went back and purchased a Ruger LCP. Was treated great by Ron. His price was competive and his knowledge was great. Everything went very smooth (although I was held as always on the background check, not his fault). I look forward to going back.

Top Bottom