• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I too have often wondered why people want to trust their lives and the lives of their loved ones to the cheapest thing they can find. Spend a few dollars and get something you can depend on!

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    In defense of armslist guy, he said he wanted something for her to practice. He may be trying to get the misses into shooting, and let her advance at her own pace.

Or, as DC's Dad suggested, limited income may be a factor.

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    it is odd people are gun snobs I often hear people say certain guns are junk but watch videos of them getting abused and not failing to fire. I say if it can go boom and hit a target that is within feet of you, you are good to go.

Now if you buy a POS and don't make sure it goes boom then......he did not love her anyway

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    POOR people, you knuckleheads. Not all of us can afford to put a 938 in wifey's purse.

Good point this. I think we forget that not everyone has credit cards and/or funny money. Sure, the guy very well may be a cheapskate, but who's to say (probably is a cheapskate though). Or maybe, he want's it for himself and his small girly hands but is to embarassed to say so, and hopes someone will feel sorry for the girl. ??

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    POOR people, you knuckleheads. Not all of us can afford to put a 938 in wifey's purse.

poor people on the internet?! well i hate to break it to you.. but if i was POOR i most likely wouldn't be on the internet, nor would i have a computer to surf the web..:dunno:

you may say: (maybe they're using a library computer)

well i bet they didn't walk there in 12 inches of snow. they probably drove a car. :D

poor people my A$$. i say scum bag.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I didn't really mean to come off like I was slamming the first two posters. It's just that I do get a little tired of all of the "I'll never trust my life to a Hi-Point" crap. I got one to resell. (It's an epic story of drinking cheap scotch and surfing gunbroker) Wifey found it and she and her niece pawed it for a while, and decided they liked it. Stupid me, I gave it to her for Christmas. That was two years ago, and as far as I know, it's still unfired. It's a C9.
    About the same time I hatched the brilliant idea of buying a beat up old 995, clean it up and put an ATI stock on it, and give it to wifey to match her C9. Due to my extreme cheapness, that happened just this Christmas. Finally. They share mags.
    In between, I had the opportunity to pick up another C9 from another INGO member, and turns out it's a pretty good shooter. ESPECIALLY for a 100.00 gun.
    Now, I didn't buy any of these for wifey to hold off bad guys or zombies with. She grew up in the shooting culture, but just isn't interested. That said, she LIKES the C9, so so be it.
    I wouldn't feel ashamed of a Hi Point if that's what I could afford. They work. That's all I need. If one didn't, I'd find out about it and fix it before I let her trust her life to it.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    poor people on the internet?! well i hate to break it to you.. but if i was POOR i most likely wouldn't be on the internet, nor would i have a computer to surf the web..:dunno:

well i bet they didn't walk there in 12 inches of snow. they probably drove a car. :D

Pretty harsh, especially since we dont really know anything other than what is in the ad. I say welcome, advise and try to make gun owners look like a group people want to be part of.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Maybe he just wants to make sure she is serious about the hobby. I bought my wife a nice bow that now collects dust in the garage. Wish I would of got a cheap on sence it never gets used anymore.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

I pay a fee every month so "poor" people can have high-speed Internet. They are not using that without a computer

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    He didn't say anything about it being a carry gun. It says for her to go out and practice with.
    I don't see anywhere in that statement that says this gun will protect her life. I have fun guns that I do not use to protect my life with but still love to shoot them. My wife's favorite gun to shoot is our sr22 but it's not the one she goes to for self defense. As far as being poor but still having the Internet......... REALLY....that just has to much common sense in that statement to work. The obama America knows you blow all your money on what you want and then complain that your broke and somebody else has to bail you out. Come on guys.. Live within your means that's funny.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

There are a lot of different levels of poor. I have a computer and internet at home but I don't have a spare $500 to drop on a new gun. I'm in no way destitute but extra money to play with is scarce. Maybe that was all he could afford and was hoping he would find something decent. Or maybe he's just a cheap ass and doesn't care. Or maybe his wife isn't super into shooting and he wants to buy an inexpensive gun so he can try to get her to the range. There are a million maybes on this one. Honestly, I feel like as long as the gun goes boom AND it does so reliably then who cares? :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To some, $100 is a lot of money. You would think any person who has spent any time on one Armslist or GunBroker or a LGS at all, they would surely know that whatever gun you'll buy for $100 won't be much. Maybe he's hoping he'll get lucky.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Guy I work with, just sold an S&W model 10, for $150. Functioned flawlessly. Needed blued. Hardly junk. Deals are still out there.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    My bad, I thought he said WTT Small handgun for wife around $100-$150. I just misread the whole thing and assumed he was saying that he wants a small handgun and would throw in the wife plus maybe $100-$150 to complete the trade. In that case, this might be the deal of a lifetime!

Top Bottom