• ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    updated,

Not too sure where they are going to go with the topic?
    So far very informative
    1800 thru history
    Post civil war
    History of the NRA,
    40's-50's
    The criminal element
    Black panthers some of the first groups to pro 2a carry loaded at Washington DC
    ETC

so far good.
    Check it out, on now.

PBS
    WFYI

Last edited:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    have you tried recording it and playing it backwards... Its PBS, and if you dont see any obvious signs of anti gun suggestions, it must be subliminal..

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Probably trying to link the panthers to pro 2A figuring the far right is entrenched in racism.
    A divide and conquer tactic?

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I watched it. I'd be hard pressed to describe it as other than a fairly balanced presentation. The representatives of the NRA and the NSSF got just as much air time as--probably more than, really--the anti's, who included the Philadelphia police chief and a college professor (big surprise there). The pro-gun rights folks were not presented as "gun nuts," either... Although the segment on 3D printing of lower receiver parts for an AR15 was clearly intended to shock the uninformed viewer.

Just as interesting was the Frontline program that followed, which detailed just how messed up Adam Lanza was, from a very early age. It's too bad they didn't really answer what I think is a pertinent question: Did his mother, who knew about his Asperger's-related issues, have her firearms locked up or not?

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Just as interesting was the Frontline program that followed, which detailed just how messed up Adam Lanza was, from a very early age. It's too bad they didn't really answer what I think is a pertinent question: Did his mother, who knew about his Asperger's-related issues, have her firearms locked up or not?

Please stop demonizing Aperger's disease. It does NOT cause a person to have violent tendencies.

I'm sure there was a lot more going on for Sandy Hook to have happened than just some person with Aspergers.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I doubt its "Aspergers" that caused this. I do THINK I remember hearing that Aspergers can be the first diagnosed illness, when something more serious is ultimately the case.

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    I, personally, take offense to anyone who criticizes another for a handicap they had no choice in entering this world with. I have one, it won't affect you so don't worry about it.

But where do we draw the line and say enough is enough and remove the individual from society to a place where they can pursue happiness on their own accord without having to worry about them harming others?

When do we stop experimenting with chemicals to manipulate the brain in ways we don't or can't understand?

Hindsight is always 20/20 but, really, you have a kid who experiences anti-social behavior and a general distaste for whatever "normal" is and you think guns are the answer to help him "fit in"? Sounds like a severe case of denial to me. Just my :twocents:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I, personally, take offense to anyone who criticizes another for a handicap they had no choice in entering this world with. I have one, it won't affect you so don't worry about it.

But where do we draw the line and say enough is enough and remove the individual from society to a place where they can pursue happiness on their own accord without having to worry about them harming others?

When do we stop experimenting with chemicals to manipulate the brain in ways we don't or can't understand?

Hindsight is always 20/20 but, really, you have a kid who experiences anti-social behavior and a general distaste for whatever "normal" is and you think guns are the answer to help him "fit in"? Sounds like a severe case of denial to me. Just my :twocents:

Forget Aspergers, Im speaking in broad terms, there are SOME mental health issues, that people were unfortunately born with, or that unfortunately manifested later in life, and I assure you, THEY DO affect them, and ARE something to worry about. Ive seen it. Not to mention the stories I heard when my ex got home from work. (no names, only happenings, she was always professional)

I would bet you anything, he was either misdiagnosed, or just quickly diagnosed with Aspergers. His problems were far deeper.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Agreed, towards the end with the 3-d printing, the philly police cheif, and former mayor all had thier two cents end the end. And right after the program, Sandy Hook.
    hmmm.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Forget Aspergers, Im speaking in broad terms, there are SOME mental health issues, that people were unfortunately born with, or that unfortunately manifested later in life, and I assure you, THEY DO affect them, and ARE something to worry about. Ive seen it. Not to mention the stories I heard when my ex got home from work. (no names, only happenings, she was always professional)

I would bet you anything, he was either misdiagnosed, or just quickly diagnosed with Aspergers. His problems were far deeper.

These are my thoughts as well.

Top Bottom