• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    My Dad will be here in about 10 min , and we are going to brave the weather in an attempt to harvest a gobbler. Rain has set in , man I am glad I put up those blinds.

Anyone else off today hunting? Will post follow up, we have been seeing some good Toms but they always seem a little out of range. Plan B is to find some mushrooms and pull a few gills out of the pond and have a fry up

IH

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Crap!!! Gobbler came in from a distance, crossed a picked corn field and a hundred yards of pasture while we were expecting one to come from the other direction. He saw us about the same time we saw him so that was that lol. Grabbing some breakfast and warming up, we'll head back out in a few hours.

Hope others have better luck this morning!!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We came back out around 11:15 to setup a blind figuring we could hunt later today or tomorrow since it's so windy. Once we had it set up we decided we may as well sit out here rather than the camper even though the wind is gusting 25-30mph. We weren't in the blind 10 minutes when this guy came walking 100yds across the pasture to the decoys. My hunting partner let him come in to 40yds and fired up the Benelli. Still can't believe it.

05870982-3F9D-4CE3-9CFE-BECD79FF5933_zpsl3b5wc7s.jpg

This guy showed up ten minutes later and had been hanging around the decoys for more than 20 minutes now. If I had t gotten two good birds in KY he'd be toast. Luckiest jake in IN today.

6FEAB3F3-1AF4-43E5-9BE7-B201E5C87B7B_zps4ohd793u.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Lovin every second. He's still ten feet in front of me walkin around. I think he's lonely, I almost feel obligated to name him at this point.

7666901B-99C8-41F5-95E6-BCE46D77FB4B_zps5bk73dix.jpg

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    We had two jakes and one shooter come in this am , the shooter was out of my comfort zone, I have to pick the girls up then they are going back out with me...Windy Windy but we had a great time

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    The turkeys know of my reputation and have vacated the woods, as proven by the complete lack of gobbles.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    Hey Phylo are you guys calling over your decoys or just setting them out. We keep having birds come to the decoys but hanging up. NO gobbling or response calls at all this am

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We've done a little calling but not much. It's been too windy for them to hear it anyway. The gobbler yesterday had to have seen the decoys, we called once but there's no way he could have heard it.

We we haven't had anything today after three different sets. Not a peep in the woods and no sightings.

Top Bottom