• ...and so much more!
  • smspears592

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hello all,

I have always wanted an HK 91, like most. But, like most, I don't have that much money. I have the opportunity to get a 91 flat receiver. Is there anyone in our community who bends them and if so how much would you charge? I think I would actually have to bend it with your guidance so none of us get in trouble with ATF. Let me know any direction I may wish to go. Thanks for the help.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Years ago I built a 91 over the course of several months from an ORF (Ohio Rapid Fire) flat and a demilled Enfield built G3 parts kit and I can tell you first hand that you really can bend that receiver yourself. What you are undertaking is a real build, not to be confused with assembling some loose parts, which is sometimes referred to as a build. Weapons Guild and Military Firearms can provide all the info necessary to get you started but bending the flat is just the beginning of the process. If it were me I wouldn't bend the receiver flat until I had a parts kit in hand so I could check the bolt carrier fit before welding it up. Once the bolt carrier is fitted to the receiver you have to weld the receiver, the cocking tube, the trunnion, the rear sight base, the semi-auto shelf, and the spacers for the stock pins. Press the barrel to the correct depth in the trunnion then drill the trunnion and barrel and press the barrel pin, silver solder the triple tree to the barrel, press the sling loop into the triple tree and fit the mag catch and paddle. Then there's the semi-auto conversion of the trigger pack and once that's done the fitting of the trigger pack to the receiver.

This is an over simplified version of what to expect with the build. I also need to mention that it takes a lot of work it takes to recover the cocking tube, mag catch, rear sight base etc from the demilled receiver.

While you are in the planning stages don't forget about 922r compliance which requires at least 7 US made parts on a G3/91 build. Here is a G3 compliance checklist to keep it simple Gunwiki: 922(r) Worksheet for G3/CETME builds

Here's a pic of the old girl
    406010973.jpg

Good luck!

Top Bottom