• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I saw that video you're talking about I think. I might be getting some prices mixed up but I'm thinking I'd seen a PTR listed for ~$1700 or so. At $2100, that's still $400 difference. It does close the gap significantly but that's still $400. Of course, this is assuming the prices for the other clone-likes are fixed. It could help drive the prices of them even lower...competition is a great thing. :)

If HK makes these in any quantity, the prices on several things could come down. I doubt you'll see any huge drops, but they will will probably step back a little.

A $5K HK 94 might be a little harder to sell. The bottom won't fall out of the 94 though, because it is a German made rifle that that is pre-922R. Doesn't need any US made parts to turn it into a SBR. The new SP5 will need US made parts to legally convert to a SBR.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Lol. Done deal!

I looked up their LEO price list and only certain models are on it. The MP5 is not on the 2019 list, which expires at the end of the year. If it’s on the 2020 list, it’ll be on order 1/1/20! They do give a $150 credit to their web store for non-firearm purchases when a LEO buys any HK firearm. That would buy like 2 mags for the MP5 if it materializes. LOL.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figure people should get them while they can, the whole deal could evaporate with the next wave of mass shooting hysteria.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I figure people should get them while they can, the whole deal could evaporate with the next wave of mass shooting hysteria.
    This right here! HK could change their mind for any yet unseen reason. I would consider this a short term opportunity.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I used to love HK. Hated the mag release on the handguns though. Always wanted the mp5 too but man that’s just an ugly gun. Guess my taste has just changed. That’s a lot of wood for that that gun. I’d rather buy the Lwrc pdw. I heard HK is in dire straights and on the verge of BK so they are trying to sell to the public now more the contacts

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Can't put a price on flexing on the poors.

N3VZx2E.jpg

Last edited:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I’m just glad it’s not like the sp5k where you have to drop close to a grand to have the paddle mag release and a new barrel with tri lug or threads for a can...

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I agree, with those saying they’d rather have a B&T

Unfortunately I haven’t shot either and am not in a position to drop that much on a Sub gun.

I’m pretty happy with my Scorpion, for now

-The Poor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I agree, with those saying they’d rather have a B&T

Unfortunately I haven’t shot either and am not in a position to drop that much on a Sub gun.

I’m pretty happy with my Scorpion, for now

-The Poor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I guess I'm gonna be poor some where else too. They are turning up on GB in the 3.5 K range. I'll have to let the dust settle for awhile.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    This looks nice, would love to have one. Why so darn expensive? Isn't this similar to a Sig Rattler in 9mm (or vice versa).

No, the Sig is a piston system rather than HK's roller-delayed blowback. The HK is actually closer to the CZ Scorpion than to the Sig.

It's expensive because people will pay it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    MSRP of 2800.00, no thanks. At 1800.00 maybe for the nostalgia but there are better shooters out there now. There's no reason a sheet metal gun that they have made for 50 years should be 2800.00, it'll sit on shelves like the SP5K did/does.

Has anyone seen one of these in the wild yet at the MSRP? The few I’ve seen advertised at the online retailers have been north of $3000.

Top Bottom