HK Financial Troubles.....another one bites the dust???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I’d like to know why one couldn’t get a LEM if they got the safety

I don't believe HK offers it with a safety option because the largest single buyer of LEM guns was Customs and Border Patrol which are phasing HK out for Glock 47's

And since there is no Cocked and Locked used as well as letting off the trigger is the decocker on a LEM adding a safety is probably not feasible.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I don't believe HK offers it with a safety option because the largest single buyer of LEM guns was Customs and Border Patrol which are phasing HK out for Glock 47's

And since there is no Cocked and Locked used as well as letting off the trigger is the decocker on a LEM adding a safety is probably not feasible.

You can have a LEM with a safety, just not from the factory. Start with a pistol with a safety/decocker, convert to LEM and keep the safety lever.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    You can have a LEM with a safety, just not from the factory. Start with a pistol with a safety/decocker, convert to LEM and keep the safety lever.

Didnt say it wasn't possible just pointing out the main reason the factory doesn't offer it in any numbers. Outside if ST Louis PD wanting a safety bbn on their 92d's in the early 1990's not aware of any other contract guns that are DAO style with a safety because agencies just dont buy hammer fired DAOs anymore let alone one with a safety too

but have at it if that's your thing

Top Bottom