• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven47326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Bryant
    If you haven't read it, you may appreciate this article. pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » Why I Like the LEM

Thanks, I did see that already. I'm trying to find the LEM kit, the only place that has it in stock is HKparts.net and its $150. Other places show an expected date of 10/1/13 and currently show prices from $60 to $80. Not knowing how the LEM feels I would spend the $60 to $80 to see if I like it but I don't want to spend double that.

Thanks

Raven47326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Bryant
    Just picked up the LEM trigger kit for $60 so I'm going to try and install it this weekend. Hopefully all goes well. Has anyone installed one before, anything to watch out for? Thanks ahead of time!!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Tagging. A HK P30L is on my wish list, but I can't find one with the LEM. Not that I've been looking all that diligently. But if it's a simple matter to drop one in, I might get serious about trying to find one again. Raven, keep us posted, please.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Just picked up the LEM trigger kit for $60 so I'm going to try and install it this weekend. Hopefully all goes well. Has anyone installed one before, anything to watch out for? Thanks ahead of time!!

I have done at least 15. PM me if you have any issues.

Tagging. A HK P30L is on my wish list, but I can't find one with the LEM. Not that I've been looking all that diligently. But if it's a simple matter to drop one in, I might get serious about trying to find one again. Raven, keep us posted, please.

It is not the same with the P series guns. LEM conversion is possible, but not supported by HK and the only place that had parts to convert the P series is sold out.

Raven47326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Bryant
    I have done at least 15. PM me if you have any issues.

Thanks I will do that.

I saw a disclaimer that pre 1995 guns need additional springs but mine is stamped AB so I believe it was made in 2001 according to some but not all websites. Can anyone here confirm AB = 2001? Thanks.

Raven47326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Bryant
    Got the kit installed today ( a few times). Load the magazine and rack the slide and the first pull is way light, almost like there is no spring tension and then all of the following shots feel fine. Just saw your last post, about longer catch, do you know hk part number?
    thanks, Brian

Can't pm you, I do not have enough posts it says.

is this what I need?

New Style HK German LEM Catch For HK USP, USPC, HK45 & HK45 Compact.
    SKU: HKPHK45033
    Brand: Heckler & Koch
    MPN: 219442
    Origin: German
    Availability: Currently Out of Stock

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Yes the correct HK part number is 219442. Try calling HK customer service, but I think they are out of stock also.

Old shorter catch on the left and new longer on the right. The longer catch is needed for the LEM hammer.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It is not the same with the P series guns. LEM conversion is possible, but not supported by HK and the only place that had parts to convert the P series is sold out.
    See how wonderful INGO is. I don't know anything about HKs. I just know I like the P30L. Guess I'll keep looking.

Raven47326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Bryant
    Thanks a lot for the information 01deuce, I saw posts about springs before 1995 but never saw anyone post about the catch. So this should fix or get rid of the first VERY light pull and make them all the same? I hope! HKParts does not have but found a place that said they did Top Gun Supply, I will try them. Awesome help, thanks.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Thanks a lot for the information 01deuce, I saw posts about springs before 1995 but never saw anyone post about the catch. So this should fix or get rid of the first VERY light pull and make them all the same? I hope! HKParts does not have but found a place that said they did Top Gun Supply, I will try them. Awesome help, thanks.
    welcome

Your welcome.

As long as everything else is installed correctly that should be your issue. I have never installed one with the old catch not being replaced so I can't say for sure if that is what's causing your issue.

Raven47326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Bryant
    I will order today and let you know if that resolves my issue or not. I did have a question on the LEM kit, it came with 2 trigger return springs but neither are marked as to what they are, same with the main spring except on those one was slightly longer than the other. Do you know what the differences in the trigger return springs are and how to tell them apart? Thanks ahead of time.

Raven47326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Bryant
    Got the part from Top Gun Supply, no problems. Installed it and went ahead and installed the heavier trigger return spring. The hammer no longer flops around and trigger pull seems to be pretty consistent at ~6.5 pounds. Have been waiting for not freezing weather so I can put some rounds through it. Thanks again 01deuce for your help and information!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Yes, that is what I was talking about. But before I spend the money I'ld like to try it out but nobody I know and no gun shops around have an HK with the LEM trigger to try.

Go here: - HKPARTS.NET Get the Light LEM parts. They are inexpensive and fairly easy to install. I used a Kelly clamp to install the trigger return spring, but fine needle nose would work.

I LOVE them LEM lightweight trigger. In my mind, it's the safest and best-feeling DA trigger available.

Top Bottom