• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Shot a buddies VP9 this weekend. It was a shooter. It does offer some things that others don't, full ambi controls come to mind. Had the wife shoot it as she is interested in a M&P CORE and to put it blintly, the VP9 is just less money. Basically what I came away with was I saw no glaring reason to recommend against it, and if what it offers appeals to you, it is a decent deal. What she came away with was she still wants her CORE. :ugh:
    I'm looking at a core too, but leaning more toward a glock. I want it to run an rmr and I like the way the milled glock slides accept the rmr better than the core. The sight picture looks better on the glock. Also, I read the core trigger isn't competition ready like they advertise. lll use the vp9 for carry and tactical classes.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Well, looks as though I'm going to try the VP9 Kool-aid. Stopped in my LGS last week and fondled one, they had a decent price on it, but the wife and I still had to finish Christmas shopping so I decided to pass. Fast forward to Saturday, and I had made up my mind that I would go ahead and take the plunge. I stopped back in, and sure enough, it had sold two hours after I had left the previous week. I went ahead and had them order the LE model (tritium night sights and an extra mag). It will hopefully fill the role of my new HD pistol as well as normal everyday carry where I won't carry concealed.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet. Won a nib VP9 off GB for $570 shipped. Standard model with two mags. Should be fun. Heck, I still have yet to shoot my FDE CZ P09 that I bought a few weeks ago. I wish it was spring time already. :(

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I just threw about 200 rnds through mine yesterday, well the wife helped a lot as well. She kept shooting my VP over her XD sub. If they come out with a carry version of the VP I'll likely be in for two. >.<

Bigdodge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2014
    Kokomo
    Im really inching to get one my self. Been looking on here for a while but I cant post in the sales section and cant pm or Id probably buy one from someone here.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    guess ill have to start whoring it up

You can easily pay to be a site supporter, which gives you instant access. Or just start making quality posts to join the community and use the classifieds when you get 50 posts. Note that spamming it up with one liners and garbage posts will only get those posts removed and earn you a warning from the mods. :mods:

Bigdodge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2014
    Kokomo
    You can easily pay to be a site supporter, which gives you instant access. Or just start making quality posts to join the community and use the classifieds when you get 50 posts. Note that spamming it up with one liners and garbage posts will only get those posts removed and earn you a warning from the mods. :mods:

Note taken. Just really getting into shooting so I'm more in the information gathering phase so I don't have much quality info I can share yet.

Are there many good holsters on the market yet?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've been carrying my VP9 a lot since I got it on here.

The PPQ has a lighter trigger, but I still like the VP9 trigger better

The PPQ to me feels cheaper

And the prices are not far between the PPQ and VP9.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I still haven't had a chance to pick up my VP9 from my FFL yet, despite it having been in for over a week.

BUT, I took my P30 out and shot it today. It was irritating. I really like the P30 for a self defense trigger setup and I love the feel of the gun. Then I remembered,... I had forgotten how much I have to change my grip to prevent BOTH of my thumbs interfering with the slide release. (Tough when I learned to shoot with thumbs right up near the slide of a Glock.) I have to shy away from it on the PPQ and had a bit of a learning curve, but I just have to plain lock my right thumb under my left palm and reach my left thumb way up past the pivot point of the slide release on the p30. Even light contact by either thumb prevented it locking back on an empty mag. So, when I got home I looked and to my pleasant surprise, it seems like they changed the entire configuration on the VP9. It looks like they made a more distinct valley for the right hand thumb and then the left hand thumb should not interfere at all because it would only rest over the take down lever.

Anyone else have this experience?

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    I wasn't really impressed with the VP9. The trigger is very mediocre. The PPQ is much better. I wouldn't call the VP9 a bad gun, but it's no HK. Granted it isn't anywhere the standard HK price either.

Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I have a P30 and like the idea of the same grip panel set up. I am going to try to get a VP9 this week, but I have a full size 9mm Sig P320. No grip panels but for me a perfect size as is. The Sig is really a good shooter, nothing like the P250 and is modular with kits in the future. I shot my nephew's PPQ over Christmas. It is a little lighter so it dances a bit more but in the 9mm that's really not a factor. GREAT trigger on both Sig 320 and the PPQ. Lots of post everywhere put these three as personal preference, but the Sig and the Walther are less expensive.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I have a P30 and like the idea of the same grip panel set up. I am going to try to get a VP9 this week, but I have a full size 9mm Sig P320. No grip panels but for me a perfect size as is. The Sig is really a good shooter, nothing like the P250 and is modular with kits in the future. I shot my nephew's PPQ over Christmas. It is a little lighter so it dances a bit more but in the 9mm that's really not a factor. GREAT trigger on both Sig 320 and the PPQ. Lots of post everywhere put these three as personal preference, but the Sig and the Walther are less expensive.
    Finally picked up my vp9 yesterday. I have only had time to dry fire it next to my p30 and my ppq. I was surprised by what I found. I didn't realize that the vp9 barrel was longer than the p30 but that wasn't the surprise. I found the Walthers trigger to be better in smoothness, crispness of break, and reset. I preferred the p30 trigger in single action for its smoothness and break, but its mile long reset is obviously not as pleasing. I had previously dry fired a relatively new vp9 at the range and I perceived its trigger to be a little better than this one, but I think it had probably already started to smooth up. I expect mine to get better with a little break in. I still don't have hopes that it will approach the ppq. The vp9 points better for me than the ppq, I like its grip better after installing the large panel on the right side, and I prefer the slide release as I find it easier to avoid contact with my right thumb. No disappointment so far, just interesting observations. Now if it weren't soooo damn cold......

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have about 2500 rounds through mine now and there nothing I would change about it, much better trigger than I expected and the accuracy ou off the box is second to none...I have 2 VP9s and 2 P30s so the mag cost is negligible since they all share...

Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Just put through 200 rounds through my VP9. WWB, Federal hollow points, Blazer brass, and Gold Dots. Hate to use the guns and Ammo line "no failures of any kind" but true. Point of aim was right on, balance great with slow fire, rapid recovery for double taps or strings, very impressed. I have shot the PpQ and Sig P320 (have the 320) and I don't notice a trigger difference at the range shooting any of the three. All three were among the most intuitive shooters I have ever had (experienced). It just put the bullet where I wanted it to go. I know what you are saying about the P30, the single action is sweet and it has the 1911 safety. What do you think of the sights.. "Luminous"?

Top Bottom