• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    IM seriously considering a P30...

I'd seriously consider a VP 9 first. Sold my P30 after getting my PPQ. VP9, same ergos and mags as a P30, no hassle with DA/SA/LEM, etc and reports of them selling for $549 latelely put it around $300 cheaper. Get a VP9 and a butt load of mags. My P30 was fine, just liked the striker fired PPQ better...anyway...got the VP9 thread back on track.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I'd seriously consider a VP 9 first. Sold my P30 after getting my PPQ. VP9, same ergos and mags as a P30, no hassle with DA/SA/LEM, etc and reports of them selling for $549 latelely put it around $300 cheaper. Get a VP9 and a butt load of mags. My P30 was fine, just liked the striker fired PPQ better...anyway...got the VP9 thread back on track.

Good job getting the VP9 thread back on track.

I haven't shot my VP9 yet, but, I am still thinking that I would recommend the PPQ over the VP9. It's just the little things that add up. Very similar gun, little less expensive, I think the trigger is a tad better, cheaper mags with 17 round mags available, and then.. I bought the Trijicon HD sights for my VP9 and now I need a gunsmith to install them. I did the PPQ myself in about 10 minutes. I could have gotten the mepro night sight option, but both my p30 and my HK45t have them and I am pretty lukewarm on them. The Trijicon HD are much better in my opinion.

I am still going to carry the P30, because my comfort with the DA/SA is higher.

So, the reason for my post - I read somewhere that HK customer service will install the Trijicon sights and send them back for $45 and just a few days turnaround..? Anyone else confirm this?

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Good job getting the VP9 thread back on track.

I haven't shot my VP9 yet, but, I am still thinking that I would recommend the PPQ over the VP9. It's just the little things that add up. Very similar gun, little less expensive, I think the trigger is a tad better, cheaper mags with 17 round mags available, and then.. I bought the Trijicon HD sights for my VP9 and now I need a gunsmith to install them. I did the PPQ myself in about 10 minutes. I could have gotten the mepro night sight option, but both my p30 and my HK45t have them and I am pretty lukewarm on them. The Trijicon HD are much better in my opinion.

I am still going to carry the P30, because my comfort with the DA/SA is higher.

So, the reason for my post - I read somewhere that HK customer service will install the Trijicon sights and send them back for $45 and just a few days turnaround..? Anyone else confirm this?

You can call HK Customer Service or check out the HKPro Forums...they should be able to help you out there.

Also, I feel that I am still going to like my PPQ a tad better. Their prices are similar. I have put my Q through a bunch of crap, literally, and has not FTF'd at all. Quality piece for a great price. Now, the VP9 is going to settle in around $550, however the VP9/P30 magazines are effing expensive and that is my main drawback for this gun. Until somebody else starts making mags for these things, I'm going to recommend the PPQ over the VP9 for the sole reason of ease of acquiring magazines...both physically and financially.

Top Bottom