Hmm, Lately it would seem around here....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ....posting a thread shedding light on, or criticizing law enforcement no matter how bad or illegal their actions may be, and you get a thread lock?... I know this a privately owned forum, but it loses alot of credibility when the members speech is so censored they can't even talk about the wrong doing and abuses perpetrated by those in power... Really, it reaks of hypocracy and cowardice.

After stumbling on several threads with a common theme getting locked down for questionable reasons, I felt compelled to point it out. This is a gun enthusiasts site, but it would seem this type of conversation would be allowed and encouraged in the Politics forum.
    :twocents:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I endeavor to by pass the cop hater threads. Most of the BS is just that, BS, not criticizing law enforcement. Just my :twocents:

Donthaveanythingnicetosay.gif

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Really? Lately? So, for the past, oh, 14 months or so, you haven't noticed the constant generalized cop bashing? There are no such things as threads that "shed light on, or criticize law enforcement". No, they almost invariably degenerate into cop-hating rhetoric.

You know, it's funny. Every time I try to strike a balance between the cops and the cop haters, I get accused by one side or the other. Either I'm a censor (or in this case, a hypocrite and a coward) or I'm a cop-hater. Maybe you guys could just pick one, label me, and we can move on, OK? Sound good to you? Because I'm tired of the staff here being in the middle of your little pissing matches.

Well, I guess no matter what we do, we're the bad guys, huh?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Really? Lately? So, for the past, oh, 14 months or so, you haven't noticed the constant generalized cop bashing? There are no such things as threads that "shed light on, or criticize law enforcement". No, they almost invariably degenerate into cop-hating rhetoric.

You know, it's funny. Every time I try to strike a balance between the cops and the cop haters, I get accused by one side or the other. Either I'm a censor (or in this case, a hypocrite and a coward) or I'm a cop-hater. Maybe you guys could just pick one, label me, and we can move on, OK? Sound good to you? Because I'm tired of the staff here being in the middle of your little pissing matches.

Hey the mods do a heck of a job. I have gotten smacked a couple of times and rightfully so. On the internet people seem not to exercise the same common sense they would in real life, you know internet tough guys etc.

Don't let it get to you. Don't the majority of people that belong to this forum respect the mods? I think so. Look at how fast this site has grown, it's a good place to exchange ideas and that is due to the work of the mods.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Yep.

Having a conversation, or even a debate, is one thing-- but there are a handful of folks who, unfortunately, use INGO as a police-hate sounding board. I'm all for folks speaking their minds, but they can go do that on a police-hate forum.

Thanks to Scutter01 and the Mods for dealing with it. :ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Don't let it get to you. Don't the majority of people that belong to this forum respect the mods? I think so. Look at how fast this site has grown, it's a good place to exchange ideas and that is due to the work of the mods.

Remind me to show you my inbox some day. I saved the PM's from the last time I tried to strike that balance between the cops and the cop haters. Oh, there's some doozies in there. There are messages with language I wouldn't show my mother.

Dogman said:
    Now you know how the cops feel. :D

An equal number of those rancid PM's came from cops.

My response to the OP is: If you can keep a civil tongue in your head and DO NOT GENERALIZE ABOUT ALL COPS, then talk about it all you want. Otherwise, it's getting closed, people are getting infracted and the ban hammer is coming out. I already know the outcome because I've seen it happen before.

My response to the cops: If you can keep a civil tongue in your head and not attempt to use my previous statements as implied permission to act like jerks, then talk about it all you want. Otherwise, it's getting closed, people are getting infracted and the ban hammer is coming out. I already know the outcome because I've seen it happen before.

I've closed three anti-cop threads in the last seven days. I'm already being called names for it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    +1 on the mods. They do a pretty good job for as active as this place is. Are they 100% consistent? Of course not. But if folks keep posting the same rhetoric over and over, then the threads will keep getting shot down.

I keep wondering how long until we get another taboo subject added to the list....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Remind me to show you my inbox some day. I saved the PM's from the last time I tried to strike that balance between the cops and the cop haters. Oh, there's some doozies in there. There are messages with language I wouldn't show my mother.

My response to the OP is: If you can keep a civil tongue in your head and DO NOT GENERALIZE ABOUT ALL COPS, then talk about it all you want. Otherwise, it's getting closed, people are getting infracted and the ban hammer is coming out. I already know the outcome because I've seen it happen before.

My response to the cops: If you can keep a civil tongue in your head and not attempt to use my previous statements as implied permission to act like jerks, then talk about it all you want. Otherwise, it's getting closed, people are getting infracted and the ban hammer is coming out. I already know the outcome because I've seen it happen before.

You should have kept the sig. ;) :D

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

I guess my solution for you guys would be to advise those who read threads in the General Politics section to have a little thicker skin. Sticks and stones.... you know that old chestnut.:rolleyes: Is merely having a disagreement reason for locking a thread? If no other forum rules (profanity, religion, rascism...) are broken, is it really that big a deal? I get irritated with peoples opinions from time to time, but I'm a big boy, I can exercise my old mouse clicker and choose to not read or open thread, are you guys saying that the site should cater to those who can't?:cool:

On edit, based on comments posted since I started typing this one, I guess I am more dissapointed in members (on either side of ANY argument) who are so sensitive they have to cry to mods because their feelings got hurt.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

This alone should be its own thread. :D

As its been pointed out already, MOST of the members enjoy the site and are thankful to those who work to keep it operating. But the Mods don't get their inbox stuffed full from those members. ;)

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

I will need examples of "cop bashing"...

I for one have many friends AND FAMILY, who are in law enforcement. I do believe we need law enforcement and I respect those officers who are RESPONSIBLE for their actions while upholding those laws. Like I have said before, I am held accountable for ALL of my actions in my job. LEOs should be no different. If I am a "cop basher" for saying that then so be it.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

I've closed three anti-cop threads in the last seven days. I'm already being called names for it.

I'm sorry you catch so much flak. This is still the best gun forum on the net. And I truly believe that is because of all the hard work that the mods have put into this place. I for one really appreciate having a moderated forum that I know is run in a professional manner. My hat is off to you for putting up with us.:yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I think the Mod's do a great job as well...my support to them. I find myself just ignoring and not bother reading someone jacking their mouth off about cops. Just like there are bad ones once in a while to the many good, so goes it too with folks who walk around legally armed with a sidearm.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I think the Mod's do a great job as well...my support to them. I find myself just ignoring and not bother reading someone jacking their mouth off about cops. Just like there are bad ones once in a while to the many good, so goes it too with folks who walk around legally armed with a sidearm.
    :yesway:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Generally it is defined as making broad generalizations about the conduct or character of police officers as a whole, based on the conduct or character of specific officers.

Hmmm....

I could delete "police officers" and include a lot of titles there...more than just cop bashing taking place on here then...:twocents:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hmmm....

I could delete "police officers" and include a lot of titles there...more than just cop bashing taking place on here then...:twocents:

Yep, it just depends on what the majority think of that particular subject. Code pinker getting shoved down at a protest? She deserved it. Somebody from the Obama Administration investigating someone? It's a gross abuse of power.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yep. You got me. I'm obviously just a traitorous cop-lover and I'm just out to censor any healthy debate and prevent exposure of the misdeeds of LEOs. It's amazing how unfair and inconsistent I'm being.

:rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom