• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I got a letter from my HOA today telling me to move my grill. I get the fact that rules should be followed, but I can not believe that they won't let them build this house. The whole point of a HOA is to keep the neighborhood nice. I hate the fact that people with way to much free time feel the need to watch their neighbors and wait till they do something wrong. No offence to anyone on their HOA board but do something that matters.

michael b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Fishers
    I guess the HOA doesn't understand the rights they have to actually have a group such as themselves were made possible by veterans. I will let my grass grow for 3 weeks to **** my HOA off in this vet's honor!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    What a crock of :poop: !! These people should be honored to have a man like that in their precious little neighborhood! I was glad to read that they will not be building there at all. Hopefully they will find an area where people have more sense.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Petty and mean-spirited.

I deal in contracts all the time. We don't wait until the last minute letting the other party assume all is well and then run to the courts to prevent them from acting.

This was a deliberate attempt to stop this home from being built. No other way around it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can't believe you whiners. You go out looking for a home, you have to sign the HOA agreement when you purchase, you get a copy of the agreement then you start crying. All it takes is brains enough to read HOA and "Gorry gee, darl'n, Ah done tink dis is 4 us."

duh:rolleyes:

As for the vet and the home he wants built, they chose to build where there is an HOA, just file the paper work like every one else.:dunno:

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a letter from my HOA today telling me to move my grill. I get the fact that rules should be followed, but I can not believe that they won't let them build this house. The whole point of a HOA is to keep the neighborhood nice. I hate the fact that people with way to much free time feel the need to watch their neighbors and wait till they do something wrong. No offence to anyone on their HOA board but do something that matters.

Its all about control.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Recommending that a man in a wheelchair build a second floor on his home so that you feel better about how his home looks is in bad taste.

I think those of us that understand how HOA guidelines are enforced clearly see this as what it is - despicable.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I can't believe you whiners. You go out looking for a home, you have to sign the HOA agreement when you purchase, you get a copy of the agreement then you start crying. All it takes is brains enough to read HOA and "Gorry gee, darl'n, Ah done tink dis is 4 us."

As for the vet and the home he wants built, they chose to build where there is an HOA, just file the paper work like every one else.:dunno:

So here's the thing though Jack, according to the article the HOA said that the builders paperwork wasn't in order, however commented on the side that existing HOA members were concerned that the house was only 2785 sq feet, even though the covenant states minimum of being 2700 due to property value concerns...

Also I find it odd that the HOA / reporter failed to state exactly WHAT paperwork was missing as the two homes I've owned in HOA managed communities only required signing one acknowledgment sheet.

I agree about what you're saying about "reading/following" the rules... I currently own a home in a HOA managed subdivision and it sucks, but it was what I could afford. I'm just not 100% sure that this logic applies directly to this particular story. :dunno::twocents:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The only hoa experience I had was one surrounding a certain lake out west of Danville that had some kind of heritage they were proud of. It was run by a bunch of old retired futs that in their mind there were two types of people living out there; people that moved out there after the lake was a lake, heretofore referred to as "One of them" and the people that "can remember when we used to have to mow the bottom of the lake before it had water in it" commonly known as "one of us".

Happily I was "one of them"! Any time a progressive member of the community (One of them) was elected to the board the "One of us" gang would make the position so miserable that they wouldn't ever finish out their term and the board would temporarily replace them with "one of us".

**** on 'em all!!! I was never happier than the day the ex-wife told me she was taking "my" house in the divorce. On the inside the happy dance party was long and festive. You can take your hoa's and deposit them where they belong.:poop:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I agree about what you're saying about "reading/following" the rules... I currently own a home in a HOA managed subdivision and it sucks, but it was what I could afford. I'm just not 100% sure that this logic applies directly to this particular story. :dunno::twocents:

The HOA said to fill out the paper work, it meets the requirments, you can build the house. Those are the rules, follow the rules build the house.:dunno:

I don't doubt at all there some guy in there who didn't do this or didn't do that or was the HOA president's brother in law and he got what ever.

So? The vet ain't that guy. Everyone knew he wasn't that guy. Fill out the paper work and dot all the i's and cross all the t's and quit the frigging crying about descrimination this or that. I get fed up hearing these crying "they don't like me because I'm different" storys.

So big f'n deal. Nobody EVER "liked" me. F'em all. I never once got anything from any where or any one just because we "play golf together". Tuff toenails. My old man was raise in the Knightstown home until he was 15 and fought for every speck of dirt he ever owned. I spent 35 years working for GM and there wasn't another person in the entire company all across the frigging world with my same last name working there. No one ever "loaned" me a down payment or forgave a payment or gave me a pass on a tax bill.

I learned to dot the I's and cross the T's and I expect to get what's owed me and I expect to pay what I owe and I'll go as far as it takes to see it happens when I've met the requirements on my side. Screw the cry babies, I did it, they can do it or sit on the curb and whimper.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

The HOA said to fill out the paper work, it meets the requirments, you can build the house. Those are the rules, follow the rules build the house.:dunno:

I don't doubt at all there some guy in there who didn't do this or didn't do that or was the HOA president's brother in law and he got what ever.

So? The vet ain't that guy. Everyone knew he wasn't that guy. Fill out the paper work and dot all the i's and cross all the t's and quit the frigging crying about descrimination this or that. I get fed up hearing these crying "they don't like me because I'm different" storys.

So big f'n deal. Nobody EVER "liked" me. F'em all. I never once got anything from any where or any one just because we "play golf together". Tuff toenails. My old man was raise in the Knightstown home until he was 15 and fought for every speck of dirt he ever owned. I spent 35 years working for GM and there wasn't another person in the entire company all across the frigging world with my same last name working there. No one ever "loaned" me a down payment or forgave a payment or gave me a pass on a tax bill.

I learned to dot the I's and cross the T's and I expect to get what's owed me and I expect to pay what I owe and I'll go as far as it takes to see it happens when I've met the requirements on my side. Screw the cry babies, I did it, they can do it or sit on the curb and whimper.

Yeah, I agree with your pov.

I guess I just haven't been around long enough for this one to have fallen into my "I'm tired of hearing how I got discriminated against" file as he's a paralyzed combat vet who attained his current physical status during his service to our country.

I'm just a young feller and every now and again I need to be reminded that not following procedures is not following procedures... no matter who it is or what they've been through. Then again I'm the kind of guy that if I had been processing and checking his paperwork would have done everything I could to help facilitate someone in his situation, even if it were above and beyond my duty to do so.:twocents:

I don't disagree with you but I can't say I'd have let that happen to him if I were in charge of that situation. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    If there was a mere discrepancy in the paperwork, I doubt this issue would have been a major flare up. It literally takes all of a day to sign a few pieces of paper and mail them off. Waiting 'till the last possible moment and then running off to the courts stinks of secondary motives, to me.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

From the link:

Homes for Our Troops has now been told that it must begin anew the entire approval process and that the house needs to be at least 3400 square feet and multi-level to even be considered.

Keep moving the target...

While I agree with Jack Ryan in principle, this stinks to high heaven of someone attempting to keep re-jiggering the rules to keep "undesirables" out of the neighborhood. It's this sort of gamesmanship that assures me that my decision to stay far, far away from HOAs was a good one.

Top Bottom