• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    FYI - Release date is December 14 (midnight showing Dec 13)

Tickets are on sale NOW.

Guess who has tickets for IMAX 3D already. :rockwoot:

Run time is supposed to be at least 2:40 - get your butt ready.

Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I can't wait. I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I will definately see this in theather. Word is they are making two hobbit movies.

Hell I heard they were making it into a trilogy. I reckon we'll find out.

EDIT: Didn't read all the way to the back. Apparently this has already been confirmed.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son and I just finished reading the book again. He's 8 and it has been his bed time book for the last couple months. He is geeked up about the films (I suppose I am too), but was disappointed in the trailers because he didn't see Beorn. Here is the first look at him that they've leaked out.

hobbit-gandalf.jpg

Here is the guy playing him. Not exactly what I had pictured, but I'm sure he'll pull it off well.
    beorn1.jpg

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Well this thread convinced me that I have to read Hobbit, I have never read it before. I went and checked it out from the library, but it felt so weird getting a book from the children section. I just have 2 finish 2 other books that I am reading now, then I will start on this one.

I have seen all the LOR movies, but this will be my first experience with any of the books. I hope you all have good taste in books.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well this thread convinced me that I have to read Hobbit, I have never read it before. I went and checked it out from the library, but it felt so weird getting a book from the children section. I just have 2 finish 2 other books that I am reading now, then I will start on this one.

I have seen all the LOR movies, but this will be my first experience with any of the books. I hope you all have good taste in books.

The Hobbit is a much better book than LotR IMO. Less "Epic" but a a fun adventure/quest story.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I have to admit I'm conflicted. I'm a huge Tolkien fan and loved the books and the LOTR movies, but I'm concerned about this movie. First off The Hobbit was a fun book and was not dark at all like the LOTR books. I have a feeling, watching the previews, that the movie is going to be darker than the book was.

Also a trilogy? The book isn't long enough to be a trilogy. The LOTR movies were for the most part, one movie per book. The Hobbit isn't as long as any of the individual LOTR books, but it's somehow big enough for three movies? It makes me wonder what content is being added to fill in the time.

Hopefully I'm wrong though as I'd love it if the movies were awesome. We shall see.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Also a trilogy? The book isn't long enough to be a trilogy. The LOTR movies were for the most part, one movie per book. The Hobbit isn't as long as any of the individual LOTR books, but it's somehow big enough for three movies? It makes me wonder what content is being added to fill in the time.

Check out the video that Printcraft linked above. They explain where they got the extra content. Given that they had to cut so much out of the LOTR to fit it into three movies, it actually is believable that if they insert some related content, they can turn the Hobbit into more of an epic. Apparently, the story will be more than just "There and Back", but will also cover what is going on in the larger world leading up to the LOTR.

Top Bottom