• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Hawks fan here also. Grew up playing hockey at a neighborhood pond & watching the Hawks on Chicago TV. Been fun watching the Blackhawks last few years.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Now that is cool! I bet you have some awesome stories. :)

ALSO, I havent mentioned that one of my friends does a Hockey / Punk Rock podcast called Up The Pucks. Definitely check them out if you like some good tunes and hockey talk.
    Send me a link to the podcast. I will tell you some stories about this too.

My Dad was a business executive for White Hem Pantry at the time. Seven-Up had some of the Hawks as celebrity spokesmen like Bobby Hull, Keith Magnuson and Tony Esposito. After the home games they would have all of us to dinner at a place called Olde Chicago. So we would get to talk to all of them and get even more autographs from them on photos and the like. I was pretty young so all of this was like a dream for me. Sometimes some of the opposing team would join us for the dinner party as well so I met many of the helmetless greats of the day.

I also like going to the Peoria Rivermen games, Indy Ice and the Decatur, IL team (don't know if they still are playing). In fact, I love hockey period so if I have a chance to go to a game, I take it. While I was at the UIUC, I was the Hockey Chief. We had a part of the U of I's Marching Band that would play in the stands and when we got to the Three-In-One and the Alma Mater, I would do my version of the Chief's dance in the stand across from the band. They wouldn't let me do it on the ice even though I have crampons. They felt it was both too dangerous and that the crampons would ruin the newly Zamboni-ed Ice. I did this for ten years as I also went to the UIUV+C for my Masters. We won many Championships while I was there and when I left the UIUC I gave the team my Head Dress that for a while was draped on al the trophies they won while I was there. It's now gone due to political correctness. :( After my first two years doing this unofficially I was finally giben season tix for the games for the rest of my time at the university.

Like I say, I love Hockey and if my knees, his and back hadn't been injured young then again worse later in life, I might well have gone on and played it at least semi-pro. Such is life.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I'm just glad to see the sport come back. I know the nhl especially in certain franchise locations had a hard run for a long time but it seems to me that it is gaining support again. Even some of the small audience clubs seem to have a pretty good base being built.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Just really recently started watching hockey and really putting effort into learning the game. But when I was younger I remember always watching and playing with my cousins from canada, wishing we had teams in Terre Haute.

Top Bottom