• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    This is crazy. Its not like they bought the property and then the farmer started a pig farm. The farmer even offered to buy the property back from them for 1.2 million. They are trying to make him do the exact thing they refuse to do, assimilate into a culture that he has no interest in. He was here first, the burden to change is on them.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is crazy. Its not like they bought the property and then the farmer started a pig farm. The farmer even offered to buy the property back from them for 1.2 million. They are trying to make him do the exact thing they refuse to do, assimilate into a culture that he has no interest in. He was here first, the burden to change is on them.
    Actually, it is exactly like that. If you do a quick search for Hog racing part 1 on Youtube you find a different news story on the matter. He added the hogs AFTER the muslim community center people bought the land. He wasn't a hog farmer, (and still isn't). He runs a different business, unrelated to his land.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx9ozfQyyMg[/ame]

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The muslims should be able to have their mosque and the neighbor should Br able to have his pigs. If one is unable to accept the other, they can move. If there were hogs there before the Muslims bought the ground, I'd say the neighbor has precedence. If not, the neighbor is being a douche. Is being a douche against the law? No.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    AS my 7 year old daughter would say "Hate the game not the player". I don't exactly know where she picked that one up. I got a giggle out of it.

Maybe I need a couple of them stinky pigs. Bacon.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Actually, it is exactly like that. If you do a quick search for Hog racing part 1 on Youtube you find a different news story on the matter. He added the hogs AFTER the muslim community center people bought the land. He wasn't a hog farmer, (and still isn't). He runs a different business, unrelated to his land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx9ozfQyyMg

My fault, I watched the orignal clip and took it that he started the races to get back at them after they complained about him having pigs in the first place. I should have done my due diligence and not relied on the news to report the whole story. I thought that a farmer having 1.2 mil laying around was a little odd but it makes more sense now. Still, I have to side with the farmer and his decision to do what he wants within the scope of the laws on his own property.

jmiller676, I think it was post #5

Top Bottom