• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Have you not been watching. Not a snarky response just that yeah the douche bags are running amok after Hognuts stated to the public the LEO's will; be stepping back.

No.

I don't live anywhere near Indy, so I don't keep track of crime there.
    In Ft. Wayne, things are OK, so that's why I was asking.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Sorry if I missed this, but are there any organizations locally that are challenging (in court) the legality of the shut downs and mask mandates? I would like to contribute to that if any action has been initialed. This is gross overreach of government.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No.

I don't live anywhere near Indy, so I don't keep track of crime there.
    In Ft. Wayne, things are OK, so that's why I was asking.

We get our local channels from Indy and every morning it's like the movie Ground Hog Day. X number of people shot and killed last night, etc.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    News at noon made a big deal about masking. They also had "WHAT TO DO IF YOU SPOT SOMEONE WITHOUT A MASK"!!! Seriously, they said take a picture of the person and send it to some place they listed. Like that isn't going to start something.

Reminds me of Chairman Mao and his Red Brigade! Hitler and all his "turn in your parents" posters.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry if I missed this, but are there any organizations locally that are challenging (in court) the legality of the shut downs and mask mandates? I would like to contribute to that if any action has been initialed. This is gross overreach of government.

Well, there's an INGOer that claims he's suing because wearing a mask makes him anxious and his service dog has to work harder. Hough asked for a case number, but didn't get a response, AFAIK.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    News at noon made a big deal about masking. They also had "WHAT TO DO IF YOU SPOT SOMEONE WITHOUT A MASK"!!! Seriously, they said take a picture of the person and send it to some place they listed. Like that isn't going to start something.

Reminds me of Chairman Mao and his Red Brigade! Hitler and all his "turn in your parents" posters.

Yeah, I hope they have a good censor.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    INDY FOP STATEMENT ON MAYOR’S MANDATORY MASK ORDER

7/8/2020

“Like all of Indy, our Police Officers learned last week of the latest order from the Mayor that mandates residents, visitors and students to wear masks inside and outside public and private venues throughout the city effective Thursday 7/9/20.

It should be noted, no guidance has been provided to Indy’s law enforcement partners. This is a public health order and as such is not a policing matter.

Any concerns or complaints related to the wearing of masks should be directed to the Mayor’s Office and our partners in the Marion County Public Health Department for any enforcement needs.

While our Officers strongly support voluntary prevention efforts for public health: this specific executive order and the enforceability of such measures are left for others to decide and take action.

In the interim, our officers remain focused on the record levels of violent crime plaguing our neighborhoods, downtown businesses and tourist attractions.

We remain hopeful for an announcement soon of a specific plan of action from the Mayor’s office detailing prevention and intervention efforts related to Indy’s surging violence in order to save lives and prevent further harm.”

Indianapolis Fraternal Order of Police #86

That's funny. And great.
    Don't call us.
    Call the idiot that came up with this.
    Let him figure it out.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    State Senator Blake Doriot R-Syracuse published a letter this week in THE PAPER for residents of Elkhart County in response to the ECHD shall mask proclamation. The jest was "...However, the Attorney General also points out that the ECHD does not intend for the order to be enforced and specifies that “actions that contradict [the]order do not create grounds for residents or law enforcement to stop, detain, issue a citation, arrest, intimidate, or harass individuals that do not comply with[the] order. ”I hope this clarification brings peace of mind to Elkhart County residents, and I will continue to work with state and local officials as the situation progresses...."

How would Hogsett's edict be any different?

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Maybe I missed this, it how does the mayor of a city have jurisdiction over an entire county. I know most of Marion is Indy but there are some areas which are not.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Maybe I missed this, it how does the mayor of a city have jurisdiction over an entire county. I know most of Marion is Indy but there are some areas which are not.

Interesting point.
    Is it a Marion County board of health violation, or an Indianapolis board of health violation?

Edit: The health department is Marion County Health Department. So I assume it's the department for Beech Grove, Speedway, etc

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    A number of services and governmental responsibilities, including road maintenance, natural resource management, zoning, and flood control, are delegated by the state of Indiana to county-level government; As a result, residents of the excluded cities are obligated to pay county-wide taxes, and the powers of the mayor of Indianapolis extend to all of Marion County.

Top Bottom