• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The only people who mentioned "legalization" were trilling Repuklican limpwrists using it as a reason to endorse Holec um. Rainwater never once mentioned it.

You endorsed our current governor by voting for him, knowing where he stood. Everything he does is personally partly your fault.
    Uhhh, I live in Ohio. I didn't vote for your current governor. I'm not a Democrat, so I don't vote in states I don't live in

I am active in my own state's politics, though, and I always think a vote for a Libertarian is a way to throw away 4% (at most) of the vote and is critical because many elections are decided by smaller margins. I also call out the many things these candidates profess they will do, given that they have no party organization and few allies in the legislature if elected. I also mention the dearth of real world examples of an L actually getting elected and then being in any way effective

YMMV

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Uhhh, I live in Ohio. I didn't vote for your current governor. I'm not a Democrat, so I don't vote in states I don't live in

I am active in my own state's politics, though, and I always think a vote for a Libertarian is a way to throw away 4% (at most) of the vote and is critical because many elections are decided by smaller margins. I also call out the many things these candidates profess they will do, given that they have no party organization and few allies in the legislature if elected. I also mention the dearth of real world examples of an L actually getting elected and then being in any way effective

YMMV
    Only because you are still breathing.

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Everyone I know that has come down with Covid-19 recently has been vaxed. I have been exposed to every single one. I just keep up with the vitamins daily my wife makes me take. She’s a RN that still works part time at a Health Department. From what I’m seeing it’s the Vaxed shedding the virus causing the uptick in cases. Just my opinion…
    There is a lot of misinformation about COVID from the get go and whether it’s vaxed or unvaxed getting the most recent cases. I have a personal friend in Atlanta and his son is a Dr there. I’m only hearing this 3d hand, but the Dr claims that of 435 COVID case, 396 are unvaxed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I see your point. And while third parties may provide little to no chance of winning (currently). I must vote my conscience at this point. For me it isn't a throw away vote. It's a vote against the status quo. Holcomb isn't a bad leader. He is NO leader at all. He will not make a decision. Ever! Study it, form a group-think committee, somebody else needs to make the decision before I do... No pol is perfect. But if one runs to be the executive, the "decider", then he should state his position and let it be judged. Rainwater stated out loud what I believe. Myers is a nut. Holcomb has proven time and again that he is a slippery coward. I cannot at this point agree to anymore compromise with the political class.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I see your point. And while third parties may provide little to no chance of winning (currently). I must vote my conscience at this point. For me it isn't a throw away vote. It's a vote against the status quo. Holcomb isn't a bad leader. He is NO leader at all. He will not make a decision. Ever! Study it, form a group-think committee, somebody else needs to make the decision before I do... No pol is perfect. But if one runs to be the executive, the "decider", then he should state his position and let it be judged. Rainwater stated out loud what I believe. Myers is a nut. Holcomb has proven time and again that he is a slippery coward. I cannot at this point agree to anymore compromise with the political class.
    The system is rigged and your act of conscience makes negligible difference to the status quo, but enormous difference to elect the left. You think it makes no difference if the guy we all look down on, Holcomb was replaced by Cuomo?

It does…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm assuming none of us want to vote Dem, so the Holcomb problem needed to be settled in the primary not in the general

My personal opinion is also that a Libertarian needs to run as a Republican in that primary and then co-opt the existing machinery much as Trump did. After getting elected and delivering on promises that resonate with the majority of the electorate, then perhaps he could move to establish that third party more effectively and run as a Libertarian

I guarantee you that legalization is a net loss among the current electorate, not least because it isn't seen as a pressing issue by a large enough part of the electorate, and the IRS will not be abolished in our lifetime. If voters are asked to endure chaos, they want it to be visibly directed at an eventual resolution that moves things in a direction they want to go. Control crime, secure the border, America First etc. If the candidate can't articulate the destination, the steps necessary to get there and how those steps can be implemented - and have that destination resonate with a substantial part of the electorate - that candidate will be forever mired below relevance as anything other than a spoiler

Although Rainwater exceeded 10%, I believe, he also failed to take a majority in any Indiana county. He has no realistic power base

I have no quibble with some Libertarian ideals, but I'm talking practical path to power here

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The system is rigged and your act of conscience makes negligible difference to the status quo, but enormous difference to elect the left. You think it makes no difference if the guy we all look down on, Holcomb was replaced by Cuomo?

It does…
    I should vote for the guy that has positions different than my own because he's better than the other guy that has positions different than my own? Yes, the game is rigged. I view that as wrong. I have but one vote. Should I not place that vote with the guy most closely agreeable to my positions?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I should vote for the guy that has positions different than my own because he's better than the other guy that has positions different than my own? Yes, the game is rigged. I view that as wrong. I have but one vote. Should I not place that vote with the guy most closely agreeable to my positions?
    The whole “I vote for the man” has become just a bunch of BS. The rigged system made it so. Therefore it is incumbent on us to vote for the best outcome for us and our families, that may not be “the guy most closely agreeable to my positions”…

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm assuming none of us want to vote Dem, so the Holcomb problem needed to be settled in the primary not in the general

My personal opinion is also that a Libertarian needs to run as a Republican in that primary and then co-opt the existing machinery much as Trump did. After getting elected and delivering on promises that resonate with the majority of the electorate, then perhaps he could move to establish that third party more effectively and run as a Libertarian

I guarantee you that legalization is a net loss among the current electorate, not least because it isn't seen as a pressing issue by a large enough part of the electorate, and the IRS will not be abolished in our lifetime. If voters are asked to endure chaos, they want it to be visibly directed at an eventual resolution that moves things in a direction they want to go. Control crime, secure the border, America First etc. If the candidate can't articulate the destination, the steps necessary to get there and how those steps can be implemented - and have that destination resonate with a substantial part of the electorate - that candidate will be forever mired below relevance as anything other than a spoiler

Although Rainwater exceeded 10%, I believe, he also failed to take a majority in any Indiana county. He has no realistic power base

I have no quibble with some Libertarian ideals, but I'm talking practical path to power here
    A Libertarian Trojan Horse. I love it!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It does…
    OK....let me start by saying I abhor the system we are forced to play under and yes, it is just a ****ing game we are playing.
    I also see some folks who truly believe that when they vote outside the game it will make a difference. Well, it does but not in the positive way the hope/believe it will. It only boosts support for the left. You know, the Billery's and bernies any clear thinker is avoiding giving power to. You are pissing away a perfectly good vote in some sort of protest that nobody gives 2 :Poop:s about except those you end up helping and it isn't us peoples. Nobody but you care.

Think back and Ross Perot comes to mind. The guy gave us Billery #1.
    We have become so divided none of us can agree on what time it actually is. We are lost.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    OK....let me start by saying I abhor the system we are forced to play under and yes, it is just a ****ing game we are playing.
    I also see some folks who truly believe that when they vote outside the game it will make a difference. Well, it does but not in the positive way the hope/believe it will. It only boosts support for the left. You know, the Billery's and bernies any clear thinker is avoiding giving power to. You are pissing away a perfectly good vote in some sort of protest that nobody gives 2 :Poop:s about except those you end up helping and it isn't us peoples. Nobody but you care.

Think back and Ross Perot comes to mind. The guy gave us Billery #1.
    We have become so divided none of us can agree on what time it actually is. We are lost.
    But if we all agree that what we have isn't working, why continue down that path? I hate the idea of throwing my vote away as it has been described. But what I have done for the previous (almost) half century hasn't worked. I'm hard headed but eventually I must seek a softer wall. I can only judge myself. Holcomb stole one vote from me. He wasn't getting a second. Not after 2020. It really does seem like the majority-class only lack the coordination of the elitist-political-class. Well, that and billions! But we must start somewhere.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But if we all agree that what we have isn't working, why continue down that path? I hate the idea of throwing my vote away as it has been described. But what I have done for the previous (almost) half century hasn't worked. I'm hard headed but eventually I must seek a softer wall. I can only judge myself. Holcomb stole one vote from me. He wasn't getting a second. Not after 2020. It really does seem like the majority-class only lack the coordination of the elitist-political-class. Well, that and billions! But we must start somewhere.
    Exactly. But what you and others are doing is causing more issues, so where do we start.
    Please know I am also a firm believer in "It's your vote" so we are all on the same page.
    I am merely trying to start a conversation on "How do we change"
    I do this a lot and for the most part those with the biggest voices have no answers to this.,
    We all have opinions and are free to express them here in a civil manner. I am asking for some direction. Where to start.
    That seems to be a hurdle we are all scared to jump because this would take hard work and sacrifice. Something we as a society seem to have lost in our comfort.

Also, we have allowed our chosen side to become so entrenched in the system that change may be impossible at this point past insurrection and that topic is verboten here for the obvious reasons.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's an interested idea. I think his analogy of Trump is pretty accurate. But Trump has cajones. Holcomb isn't even aware that they come in pairs.
    Holcomb doesn't figure into the conversation, he's a lost cause. What I was getting at was how someone with libertarian tendencies - which have considerable overlap with conservative ones - could displace a RINO and take over the machinery of the republican party in order to win an election

The insistence of doing it as the libertarian party or giving too great a prominence to ideas with little broad or realistic appeal, such as legalization or IRS abolishment, doesn't energize a broad cross section of the ideologically available electorate

Trump was the perfect example of how appealing to the desires of a broad cross-section of the available electorate can carry someone to power. I'm not saying to not advocate for those less popular positions, but to carve out some real accomplishments at delivering what people want before pushing secondary concerns

I think we need Republitarians, or perhaps Libertublicans

Deliver on dealing with problems high on the list of concerns and I'll pay more attention to your more - exotic, shall we say - ideas

Top Bottom