• ...and so much more!
  • 1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Every damn person I know that is vaxxed has gotten just as sick as everyone that isnt. One even visited the hospital. So Holcomb is ignorant. Dont care if he has an "R" next to his name or not.

He has no room to talk about "frustrated" as one of the worst if not the worst Republican governor out there I the voter am frustrated.....
    Someone needs to start a poll here on how many voters are "frustrated" with that idiot Holcomb and many of his staff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Holcomb is so ephen slimy. A complete weasel. I cannot recall a single time where he actually led. As in be a leader. He spent most of 2020 hiding. Literally. When watching the debates I noted that he and Dr. Myers were essentially the same. Whatever Holcomb did, Myers just wanted more of it. Or Myers wanted punishment for those who wouldn't follow the governors edicts. I recall Holcomb originally wanted punishment for those who wouldn't follow the gov's direct commands. He was forced to back off the punishment aspect but he sure as hell tried to use it initially.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would be happy if the next governor, had read the Constitutions of the State of Indiana and of the United States of America!
    And would actually understanding what he read and using it to Govern. Would that be such a stretch.
    Yes. It would be and will never happen. Every one of these douche bag politico’s are Marinates. They are beholden to the money masters that get them into office. Not us.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm going to lay out some facts from my situation......So, just for the record, and I am NOT for forced vaccines. Not at all. I'm for freedom to choose. (Funny the pro choice "It's her body" crowd is all for forcing people to do things to their bodies, but I digress.)

I'll share my anecdotal evidence....I got the J&J last March. My family did not get any of the vaccines, except my elderly mother-in-law. I am in the people business, surrounded every day by a multitude. I have not had Covid. My family got it. My wife barely made it through. There were several days I didn't think she would survive. It was horrible. My kids all got it and did ok, although several still have no sense of smell 2 months later. Most people I know with a vaccine have not had it. But those who did get breakthrough cases did not go into the hospital and had what I'd call mild symptoms compared to what my wife had. Of those I know who were not vaccinated who have gotten it, I'd say about 1/5 have been hospitalized. And I now know 7 people who have died from it, including one recently who was about 38 years old and was very strong and a fitness nut who rarely ever got sick with anything. Absolutely zero of those who died were vaccinated.

My Mother-in-law got the Pfizer. She is 75 years old and very frail. She has every risk factor, including obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease (several strokes), diabetes, and age. She did get Covid but thought it was a cold. She was hospitalized out of precaution but never really suffered. Her symptoms were no more than a medium cold virus.

I do know people, as well, who are not vaxxed, and have not contracted the virus.

So from my chair, the vaccination crowd ain't batting 1000, but the anti vaccination crowd ain't, either.

Everyone is staking out extreme positions on it and swearing and gnashing teeth that the other side is 100% wrong and stupid. That's what it looks like when everyone THINKS they know, but in reality, they don't. None of us really has the answer.

Just my 2 cents. Flame away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm going to lay out some facts from my situation......So, just for the record, and I am NOT for forced vaccines. Not at all. I'm for freedom to choose. (Funny the pro choice "It's her body" crowd is all for forcing people to do things to their bodies, but I digress.)

I'll share my anecdotal evidence....I got the J&J last March. My family did not get any of the vaccines, except my elderly mother-in-law. I am in the people business, surrounded every day by a multitude. I have not had Covid. My family got it. My wife barely made it through. There were several days I didn't think she would survive. It was horrible. My kids all got it and did ok, although several still have no sense of smell 2 months later. Most people I know with a vaccine have not had it. But those who did get breakthrough cases did not go into the hospital and had what I'd call mild symptoms compared to what my wife had. Of those I know who were not vaccinated who have gotten it, I'd say about 1/5 have been hospitalized. And I now know 7 people who have died from it, including one recently who was about 38 years old and was very strong and a fitness nut who rarely ever got sick with anything. Absolutely zero of those who died were vaccinated.

My Mother-in-law got the Pfizer. She is 75 years old and very frail. She has every risk factor, including obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease (several strokes), diabetes, and age. She did get Covid but thought it was a cold. She was hospitalized out of precaution but never really suffered. Her symptoms were no more than a medium cold virus.

I do know people, as well, who are not vaxxed, and have not contracted the virus.

So from my chair, the vaccination crowd ain't batting 1000, but the anti vaccination crowd ain't, either.

Everyone is staking out extreme positions on it and swearing and gnashing teeth that the other side is 100% wrong and stupid. That's what it looks like when everyone THINKS they know, but in reality, they don't. None of us really has the answer.

Just my 2 cents. Flame away.
    Well said.
    I am for doing as you see fit with your life/body. I m just sick of being shamed if I don’t get in line with the sheep. And I will not. Had 2 Karen’s nearly assault the spouse and I in the Parking garage next to the hospital as we removed our masks when we cleared the elevator outside. They were ****ing nuts. I am done with these asshats.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I forgot to add one thing....The one place I know where I've found peace with all the ruckus is in faith in Christ. It gives something the world cannot create, mandate or even wish on a star for......hope, and a future. So maybe part of why I haven't had Covid is that I honestly have not spent a significant amount of time and energy worrying. I think those foaming at the mouth are not in a good place. They are flipping out because they have no control, so they lash out trying to control others. Occasionally, yes, I have worried. I'm only human. Most of the time, though, I have not.

I most certainly believe that inner peace is actually good for the immune system. I've seen it too often to be denied.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Well said.
    I am for doing as you see fit with your life/body. I m just sick of being shamed if I don’t get in line with the sheep. And I will not. Had 2 Karen’s nearly assault the spouse and I in the Parking garage next to the hospital as we removed our masks when we cleared the elevator outside. They were ****ing nuts. I am done with these asshats.
    I agree 100%, but I take a different view of them. They are broken and scared to death. I feel some sympathy for them, although it is hard as hell to do that when they are barking right at me.

I only hope and pray when I'm feeling insecure or stressed, I don't come across to people anything remotely like that. I don't think I do, at least not outside my own inner circle or family.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We took the attitude of knowing at some point we would get the virus. I work in a dental office. I don't do patient care but am exposed to patients all day long. I have lost count of how many have called us days after being in our office to let us know they were later tested positive and were likely positive when in our office. It would be silly to think I wasn't going to get it at some point.

We talk to patients every day who have had it. We hear their stories about what they experienced, and most have had what I would consider mild to moderate symptoms. Only a few of those who ere hospitalized died, and they had other risk factors. We have also listened to stories about vaccine side effects including unexplained deaths in younger people a week or two after getting the shot.

My husband and I decided to risk getting the virus. He is 70 and I am 57. I was exposed right before Thanksgiving to a coworker that tested positive. She was vaccinated. I tested positive on the 29th. Hubby didn't get tested but had it with me. We were pretty miserable for a week to 10 days but neither of us had breathing issues. Our O2 sats remained steady at 97. We still can't smell anything and taste is off. I feel like my head is floating and like I have a cold. He is tired, but neither of us felt remotely close to needing hospitalization. In talking to coworkers who had been vaccinated, it does not sound like our symptoms were worse than theirs but may have lasted a bit longer.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I forgot to add one thing....The one place I know where I've found peace with all the ruckus is in faith in Christ. It gives something the world cannot create, mandate or even wish on a star for......hope, and a future. So maybe part of why I haven't had Covid is that I honestly have not spent a significant amount of time and energy worrying. I think those foaming at the mouth are not in a good place. They are flipping out because they have no control, so they lash out trying to control others. Occasionally, yes, I have worried. I'm only human. Most of the time, though, I have not.

For me this is the main driver behind all of this COVID fear. I only recently met Jesus (just a few months before this COVID stuff started actually), but that relationship has really brought much needed peace and perspective thoughout all of the unknown. From the political posturing, fear mongering, misinformation, I have turned to God, prayed and leaned into my new found faith, knowing He is in control. Fortunately I have amazing church leaders who have been out in front of this since the beginning.

I've found the people I encounter who are the most fearful are those who don't have a relationship with Jesus. Or those who are involved in churches that focus on the religion aspect instead of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

People need something or somewhere to put their faith and trust. It's baked into our DNA. Instead of God, the left turned to our "leaders" or public health "experts" or the media. Of course this is a losing proposition as these people are human. Human nature means they are fallible, prone to temptations of corruption, power hungry and prideful.

There is a reason why governments forced churches to close their doors but kept liquor stores, pot dispensaries and strip clubs open. Those in power benefit from the public being panicky, fearful and adrift.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    And would actually understanding what he read and using it to Govern. Would that be such a stretch.
    Yes. It would be and will never happen. Every one of these douche bag politico’s are Marinates. They are beholden to the money masters that get them into office. Not us.
    100% Maybe nearly +10 years ago here on INGO someone posted how they had been involved in the Republican Party, wanting to make a difference. Seems it may of been the Ft. Wayne area. After a few years he quit and got out, being sick of what he saw with all the corruption. Anyone who wants to run as a (R) has to get in line and meet the approval and be told how they will run things once in office or they don't have a chance of even trying. By the time you get down to anyone running on the (R) ticket at any level they are already bought and paid for, sickening. I can't remember the INGO member who posted that or if he is even around but it stuck with me.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    100% Maybe nearly +10 years ago here on INGO someone posted how they had been involved in the Republican Party, wanting to make a difference. Seems it may of been the Ft. Wayne area. After a few years he quit and got out, being sick of what he saw with all the corruption. Anyone who wants to run as a (R) has to get in line and meet the approval and be told how they will run things once in office or they don't have a chance of even trying. By the time you get down to anyone running on the (R) ticket at any level they are already bought and paid for, sickening. I can't remember the INGO member who posted that or if he is even around but it stuck with me.
    "Anyone who wants to run as a (R) has to get in line and meet the approval and be told how they will run things once in office or they don't have a chance of even trying."
    That is right on point, D or R, the candidates are manipulated by the D or R machine. I recall a completely qualified candidate for sheriff in Johnson County being told by the local chair person that "it wasn't his time." But he kept on going costing him tens of thousands in campaigning - all for naught. The "man behind the curtain" had spoken - and, subsequently ruined his chance of winning. Instead, a puppet of the machine was put into office.
    I'm so tired of this happening in every election.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    but I take a different view of them. They are broken and scared to death. I feel some sympathy for them, although it is hard as hell to do that when they are barking right at me.
    This!!! Your post have hit on soo many good points. So many are so fearful, they have been so afraid of this virus that they have lost their minds. So many suffer because they have nowhere to turn, as they do no have the comfort that only Christ can provide, so they look to government to provide it…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For me this is the main driver behind all of this COVID fear. I only recently met Jesus (just a few months before this COVID stuff started actually), but that relationship has really brought much needed peace and perspective thoughout all of the unknown. From the political posturing, fear mongering, misinformation, I have turned to God, prayed and leaned into my new found faith, knowing He is in control. Fortunately I have amazing church leaders who have been out in front of this since the beginning.

I've found the people I encounter who are the most fearful are those who don't have a relationship with Jesus. Or those who are involved in churches that focus on the religion aspect instead of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

People need something or somewhere to put their faith and trust. It's baked into our DNA. Instead of God, the left turned to our "leaders" or public health "experts" or the media. Of course this is a losing proposition as these people are human. Human nature means they are fallible, prone to temptations of corruption, power hungry and prideful.

There is a reason why governments forced churches to close their doors but kept liquor stores, pot dispensaries and strip clubs open. Those in power benefit from the public being panicky, fearful and adrift.
    You have made many good posts but this is one of your very best. God bless you!

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    :lmfao:
    The trouble is, Rainwater though I support his right to run, and even agreed with a lot of what he said, had no chance of winning.
    And as bad as Holcomb is, to claim there's no difference between him and Woody Myers is a denial of reality.

+100. There is a large difference between "Bad" and "worse". I recently moved here from Illinois. And while I'm not a fan of Holcomb, he is 1000% better than the governor I left (Pritzker). Holcomb is "squishy", while Pritzker is evil. Big difference between someone who "recommends" masks and "complains" about vaccination vs. someone who is forcing people to do things against their will.

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    Every damn person I know that is vaxxed has gotten just as sick as everyone that isnt. One even visited the hospital. So Holcomb is ignorant. Dont care if he has an "R" next to his name or not.

He has no room to talk about "frustrated" as one of the worst if not the worst Republican governor out there I the voter am frustrated.....
    Pence gets my vote for absolute worst. Daylight saving time, No Knock, Red Flag Jake Laird law, toll road for Saudis or some other.

Top Bottom