• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I or my family will never go back to mexico on vacation, how safe can a resort area be if you have 6 soldiers riding in a pickup with black ski masks on and holding onto m-16s a 7th guy behind cab , standing and holding on to a 50 caliber machine gun, that was CABO last winter, never again .

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    When on a mission trip to Guatemala years ago, we had daily visits (sometimes all day) by a black SUV full of black-clad police. They all had sweet MP5s. It was rather a contrast - us doing wall and fence building at a church with armed guards at the entrance.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I or my family will never go back to mexico on vacation, how safe can a resort area be if you have 6 soldiers riding in a pickup with black ski masks on and holding onto m-16s a 7th guy behind cab , standing and holding on to a 50 caliber machine gun, that was CABO last winter, never again .

Sounds like the Soldiers WERE keeping you safe. They wear masks to hide their identity from the cartels

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Worked for years off and on in Mexico, never was comfortable. The corruption is endemic in the society, but I got to know a number of people, had meals at local folks houses, got to know their families. I can say that the people I worked with were just like working folks everywhere, trying to get ahead in life. They all agreed that it was a lousy system, but that's the way it had always been. I would come back to the states thinking that if you immerse people in a bad system for enough time, they just get used to it.

Top Bottom