• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Just wanted to rant a bit about the remake of RED DAWN. It has been scheduled for a release date of September 10, 2010 since before I first heard about it 2 years ago. I thought it was a VERY fitting release date due to the 9/11 thing, and would likely even help people re-affirm their patriotism...Low and behold, with the current state of politics in America, the elections, the Ground Zero mosque...etc...the liberal left fruitcakes in Hollywood have decided a date of November 24, 2010 is probably a better time to get us motivated....

Now the disappointment over the crappy remake will have to wait until after the BIG disappointment of third party candidates stealing the elections for the libtards..Anyone else considering a move to Mexico? it's looking better there every day.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    There was nothing wrong with the first Red Dawn, I was in the AF then, and at the time alot of stuff going on in real life and in the movie was very relevant (spelling?) dunno about seeing the remake,.....supposed to be in Detroit?.... like people fighting authorities there is movie worthy? what? do they do finally do something about the Muslim enclave in Dearborn? ........REMEMBER SEPT 11!!!!!

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I thought the remake was about a Chinese invasion. What does that have to do with September 11th? People shouldn't need a fictional movie to feel patriotic, those people aren't patriots. They just get easily worked up over some work of fiction.

Want to be really patriotic? Read the Declaration of Independence, read and uphold the Constitution of the United States. Our own government is a much bigger, much more real threat to our liberty than a movie about China or the Soviet Union. Neither have invaded and stripped us of our rights, our government already has.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    refer to the muslim enclave referance above

OK, I'm not sure what you're talking about. The OP and I are talking about the remake of the film Red Dawn, in which communists invaded and held the United States while a group of High School kids fought them off. The original had nothing to do with religion or Muslim enclaves in Detroit.

I just read the synopsis of the remake on IMDB and it sounds pretty much exactly the same, with a few tweaks here and there. I still don't see what you're talking about or what the film has to do with Muslims, enclaves, or September 11th 2001. Can you explain what you're talking about?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

Thanks for that Kirk. I was watching the Dark Knight the other day, which I enjoy, but I totally saw the movie in a different light. I think it was basically what that article was talking about.

The new Joker is liberty in a nutshell. He does whatever he wants, he has no rules, he comes and goes as he pleases and answers to no one. He uses firearms to get done what he believes needs to be done.

Batman is order in a nutshell. He has strict rules that he must always follow, he answers to elected officials and police. He stands on top of buildings watching everyone and spying (only on the bad guys of course) for everyone's own safety. He doesn't use firearms.

Maybe I read too much into the movie, but Hollywood totally portrayed absolute liberty as being insane, because they made liberty embodied (the joker) into a crazed, murdering, uncontrollable, psychopath. If I may be honest, apart from all the killing and kidnapping, the Joker made more sense to me and accomplished more throughout the film than Batman did.

Total threadjack, sorry, but watch the movie again sometime with that mindset, it's totally different.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Thanks for that Kirk. I was watching the Dark Knight the other day, which I enjoy, but I totally saw the movie in a different light. I think it was basically what that article was talking about.

The new Joker is liberty in a nutshell. He does whatever he wants, he has no rules, he comes and goes as he pleases and answers to no one. He uses firearms to get done what he believes needs to be done.

Batman is order in a nutshell. He has strict rules that he must always follow, he answers to elected officials and police. He stands on top of buildings watching everyone and spying (only on the bad guys of course) for everyone's own safety. He doesn't use firearms.

Maybe I read too much into the movie, but Hollywood totally portrayed absolute liberty as being insane, because they made liberty embodied (the joker) into a crazed, murdering, uncontrollable, psychopath. If I may be honest, apart from all the killing and kidnapping, the Joker made more sense to me and accomplished more throughout the film than Batman did.

Total threadjack, sorry, but watch the movie again sometime with that mindset, it's totally different.

I enjoyed reading your post, V for Vendetta next?

I enjoyed both movies, seeing light in both characters portrayed, but didnt see it as you did.

I need more obvious analogies, like Avatar. It's quite obvious, that Hollywood, much like the rest of America Elites is ran by the Bolsheviks grandbabies...

Thank god for Mel Gibson :)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Won't go to see the Red Dawn remake. Won't watch The Dark Knight again. Heath Ledger did his job too well; Joker was too psychopathic, too disturbing to watch the movie a second time. I watch the other Batman movies with complete enjoyment.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I'm scared to see what the lefties will do to a childhood cold war classic. They'll probably have some plot device that makes the U.N. help the kids in their guerrilla war and turn all the scum-bag blue helmets into heroes. Remember the last Superman movie, when they didn't say "truth, justice, and the American way?"

How about this? The Chi-coms are the good guys, and the individualist teenage brats who don't want to join the commie hive mind are the villains. OK, I feel better.

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA
    Just wanted to rant a bit about the remake of RED DAWN. It has been scheduled for a release date of September 10, 2010 since before I first heard about it 2 years ago. I thought it was a VERY fitting release date due to the 9/11 thing, and would likely even help people re-affirm their patriotism...Low and behold, with the current state of politics in America, the elections, the Ground Zero mosque...etc...the liberal left fruitcakes in Hollywood have decided a date of November 24, 2010 is probably a better time to get us motivated....

FWIW, the move has nothing to do with politics.... Hollywood is motivated by one thing far, far more than politics... MONEY. November 24 is the Wednesday start of the Thanksgiving weekend. Its a GIANT box office weekend and by moving it, they are actually PUSHING the film's success. (people who NEVER go see movies WILL go see a movie, ANY movie, that is playing that weekend.) This film will do 100 Million+ its opening weekend now.... Versus 1/10 to 1/3 of that for a September release.

Now the disappointment over the crappy remake will have to wait until after the BIG disappointment of third party candidates stealing the elections for the libtards..Anyone else considering a move to Mexico? it's looking better there every day.
    Have you BEEN to mexico lately?

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA

Its a nice article.... There are some threads of truth to it....
    And to an outsider I suppose its a plausible hypothesis.
    But speaking as a conservative who has worked in the entertainment industry for 15 years now, the explanation is thoroughly incomplete.... The Undergrad from Johns Hopkins has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FWIW, the move has nothing to do with politics.... Hollywood is motivated by one thing far, far more than politics... MONEY. November 24 is the Wednesday start of the Thanksgiving weekend. Its a GIANT box office weekend and by moving it, they are actually PUSHING the film's success. (people who NEVER go see movies WILL go see a movie, ANY movie, that is playing that weekend.) This film will do 100 Million+ its opening weekend now.... Versus 1/10 to 1/3 of that for a September release.
    QFT :+1:

@lashicoN

Agree with your write-up of the DarkKnight. I guess I knew that in my mind but have never put it on paper that indeed the joker is liberty at it's fullest.

@Blackhawk2001
    the joker was doing exaclty what the joker (the characer) does. He was being unpredicatable in a world with rules.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Joker equals Liberty or Anarchy?

Im afraid it seems more like he represented absolute choas, anarchy.

And I loved the Joker. I thought Heath did an outstanding job. I think the New Batmans are quite neat; Although I miss my childhood batman movies (Not that I could sit through them now, after seeing the new ones)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I think libery = anarchy are one in the same based on this:

Anarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχίᾱ anarchíā, "without ruler") may refer to any of the following:
    • "No rulership or enforced authority."[1]
    • "A social state in which there is no governing person or group of people, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder.) But is bound by a social code ."[2]
    • "Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder."[3]
    • "Absence or non-recognition of authority and order in any given sphere."[4]
    • "Acting without waiting for instructions or official permission... The root of anarchism is the single impulse to do it yourself: everything else follows from this." [5]
    Note the ref are from Oxford English Dictionary.

Not sure if chaos = anarchy???
    :dunno:

Guess it's all open to interuptation. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Thank you. Is there an example of a Civilization that did adhere to "Liberty" as the Joker demonstrated, except without the psychopathic tendencies????

Just looking to gauge the realist possibilities in a historical context. Vikings, tribel celts, Germanics, Slavs all had strict Social codes, but also had laws, and General Assemblies.

Even they're ancient Ancestry had those Civilized traits.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Most men are natural born creators-of-rules. If they aren't made up for us, we make them up for ourselves. And truly, in that we are no different from any animal on the planet. All the animals above the level of insects (and even some of them) have "social interaction" rules they instinctively follow. An individual wanting chaos/anarchy as is embodied in the Joker, simply wants to do unto others while avoiding having the same done unto him. While that may be a trait of human nature, it isn't a trait of Liberty.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

I believe that absolute liberty is actually anarchy. I've never had a problem with anarchy. I also don't have a problem with a little bit of civilization either, in very small doses. I like liberty because you can measure it in degrees. Freedom is simple, freedom is anarchy, it is having no one tell you what to do. Liberty is slightly different to me, I'm not sure if it is to anyone else, so I'm only speaking for myself here. I think you can have liberty and have a small amount of civilization as long as that small civilization all agrees to give up a tiny bit of liberty for the civilization (you aren't allowed to murder or steal).

Most men are natural born creators-of-rules. If they aren't made up for us, we make them up for ourselves. And truly, in that we are no different from any animal on the planet. All the animals above the level of insects (and even some of them) have "social interaction" rules they instinctively follow. An individual wanting chaos/anarchy as is embodied in the Joker, simply wants to do unto others while avoiding having the same done unto him. While that may be a trait of human nature, it isn't a trait of Liberty.

Agreed for the most part, except I don't think he exempted himself from the anarchy, since he gave Dent a loaded revolver and put it to his head. He let the coin decide, since he had NO rules. Which is why I still believe he was absolute liberty embodied, but Hollywood (OP) made him out to be a crazed murderer as well. Perhaps I'm just reading too much into the Dark Knight's characters to back up my own opinions of what Hollywood thinks of people pushing for liberty, such as myself.

Top Bottom