• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    In my OP, I was more ticked off about having to wait an extra month and a half to see the likely crappy though action packed remake of a nearly perfect movie. As a true lover of both the USA and the original RED DAWN, I feel it is my DUTY to suffer through the remake. It just seems fishy that a movie with the potential to stir patriotic feelings in the public would be moved like this......never put anything past the libs.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Heath Ledger did his job too well; Joker was too psychopathic, too disturbing to watch the movie a second time.
    Interesting, I felt just the opposite. Perhaps I expected more from his performance due to the media hype building up to it........Now Rob Zombie has a way of bringing out the psychopath in an actor/actress......

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    (Snipped)

Originally Posted by Blackhawk2001
    Most men are natural born creators-of-rules. If they aren't made up for us, we make them up for ourselves. And truly, in that we are no different from any animal on the planet. All the animals above the level of insects (and even some of them) have "social interaction" rules they instinctively follow. An individual wanting chaos/anarchy as is embodied in the Joker, simply wants to do unto others while avoiding having the same done unto him. While that may be a trait of human nature, it isn't a trait of Liberty.

Agreed for the most part, except I don't think he exempted himself from the anarchy, since he gave Dent a loaded revolver and put it to his head. He let the coin decide, since he had NO rules. Which is why I still believe he was absolute liberty embodied, but Hollywood (OP) made him out to be a crazed murderer as well. Perhaps I'm just reading too much into the Dark Knight's characters to back up my own opinions of what Hollywood thinks of people pushing for liberty, such as myself.

I don't think you and I are going to agree on your definition of "liberty".

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I don't think that many modern Americans agree with me on what I believe liberty means. To me, liberty means getting to do whatever you want as long as you don't cause harm to others.

Most others simply equate liberty or freedom to being an American or having a few generic rights. I'm talking about doing anything you want as long as you don't harm others. Consented harm is also fine by me, if it is truly consensual. Such as boxing, fighting to the death, assisted suicide, etcetera.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't think that many modern Americans agree with me on what I believe liberty means. To me, liberty means getting to do whatever you want as long as you don't cause harm to others.

Most others simply equate liberty or freedom to being an American or having a few generic rights. I'm talking about doing anything you want as long as you don't harm others. Consented harm is also fine by me, if it is truly consensual. Such as boxing, fighting to the death, assisted suicide, etcetera.

Anarcho-capitalism ala L. Neil Smith et al.?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    OK, I'm not sure what you're talking about. The OP and I are talking about the remake of the film Red Dawn, in which communists invaded and held the United States while a group of High School kids fought them off. The original had nothing to do with religion or Muslim enclaves in Detroit.

I just read the synopsis of the remake on IMDB and it sounds pretty much exactly the same, with a few tweaks here and there. I still don't see what you're talking about or what the film has to do with Muslims, enclaves, or September 11th 2001. Can you explain what you're talking about?
    Maybe I should have put in purple, but I was talking about if the remake is in Detroit then I hope they do something about the muslim enclave near Detroit ...... sense of humor install kits are available @........geesh

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Maybe I should have put in purple, but I was talking about if the remake is in Detroit then I hope they do something about the muslim enclave near Detroit ...... sense of humor install kits are available @........geesh

Don't know if it will make you feel better, but I understood you.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    There was nothing wrong with the first Red Dawn, I was in the AF then, and at the time alot of stuff going on in real life and in the movie was very relevant (spelling?) dunno about seeing the remake,.....supposed to be in Detroit?.... like people fighting authorities there is movie worthy? what? do they do finally do something about the Muslim enclave in Dearborn? ........REMEMBER SEPT 11!!!!!

Then I said I thought it was about China invading us and asked what you were talking about, to which you said -

refer to the muslim enclave referance above

I was a little lost.

Sorry, yeah I can't send or receive sarcasm through text messages or forum posts. I guess I just didn't get it because I thought you were saying the film was set in Detroit and they fought domestic terrorists and authorities and I thought it was about communist China invading us with paratroopers.

Don't know if it will make you feel better, but I understood you.

Good job, buddy! :yesway:

Top Bottom