• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You extolled the virtues of shaming people. I seem to remember that topic from another thread, a while back. Hence why I noted "what a difference a presidency makes."

And I'm sure the victims of the shaming in that context were doing something just as bad as making light of the holocaust, "or jumping on dead Jews."

Last edited:

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Going to a place remembering millions lost and frolicking around is disrespectful from adults. Also who thinks of yoga at a place like that?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree with the sentiment that it's disrespectful but the guy who called them out and photoshopped the pictures kind of comes off as a self righteous prick. He was going to keep his photo shopped pics of them up until they wrote a public apology and sent it to 'undouche me' where he published it.

The guy doing the photoshopping is the one who wants the attention. Had he just sent them private messages no one would have been the wiser to an offensive joke some random bloke posted to his instagram page.

But hey we always need something to be outraged about.

Here's the full text
    YOLOCAUST

And South Park proves true, once again.

922522_1.jpg

Ironically, I think I'm proving it to.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lol, what a difference a presidency makes

While I think it's a wrong of you to try and link this to Trump, I'm sure there are several INGO'ers who would have tried to link it to Obama (see selfie incident).

I'm not sure if you're trying to make that point or what, but I think most of us would chalk this one up to the general state of society's lack of decorum and respect.

I don't think the photoshopper went too far - he got these people to stop and think about how they acted and hopeful get others to think before they act.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Going to a place remembering millions lost and frolicking around is disrespectful from adults. Also who thinks of yoga at a place like that?

Well to be fair, the Holocaust Memorial lacks any identification onsite of what it actually is. My first time in Berlin, I stayed at a hotel on Unter Den Linden, which is very close to Brandenburg Gate, the US Embassy, the Spree, Reichstag, Victory Column, and a number of high profile attractions. The memorial sits right in the mix. Sure all the Germans know what it is, but a random tourist, unless they have studied a bit before arriving, probably wouldn't have a clue. It would be a "Oh this is cool, lets take some pictures." LOTs of stuff in Berlin is like that. I passed by the old Luftwaffe HQ half a dozen times, over the better part of a decade before it was pointed out to me by a friend of my brother.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While I think it's a wrong of you to try and link this to Trump, I'm sure there are several INGO'ers who would have tried to link it to Obama (see selfie incident).

I'm not sure if you're trying to make that point or what, but I think most of us would chalk this one up to the general state of society's lack of decorum and respect.

I don't think the photoshopper went too far - he got these people to stop and think about how they acted and hopeful get others to think before they act.

I'm not. Well, not to Trump specifically. The idea of shaming, which prior to Trump people (at least those on INGO) found distasteful. Now, post election, it seems to be en vogue. I agree, people certainly have stopped observing respect and decorum. Look at all the nonsense extended to our last and current POTUS. I don't like Trump, but I haven't disrespected him nor his office in any way approaching how other members disrespected our last president. And while I may like too, it would be more a reflection on my character, than a narrative on the actions of the president.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not. Well, not to Trump specifically. The idea of shaming, which prior to Trump people (at least those on INGO) found distasteful. Now, post election, it seems to be en vogue. I agree, people certainly have stopped observing respect and decorum. Look at all the nonsense extended to our last and current POTUS. I don't like Trump, but I haven't disrespected him nor his office in any way approaching how other members disrespected our last president. And while I may like too, it would be more a reflection on my character, than a narrative on the actions of the president.

Gotcha.

There was certainly lot of disrespect shown on INGO over the last eight years. I didn't like the Obama presidency, but I wasn't going to engage in the puerile nicknames that were tossed on here on INGO like a grade school playground. This year, I'm making sure that my words and actions are respectful for the current president as well. He, like his predecessors, was installed by God (IMHO).

Now...I do recall the outrage INGO had directed at woman taking obnoxious photos and/or videos at Arlington National Cemetery. (too lazy to go digging right now)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Gotcha.

There was certainly lot of disrespect shown on INGO over the last eight years. I didn't like the Obama presidency, but I wasn't going to engage in the puerile nicknames that were tossed on here on INGO like a grade school playground. This year, I'm making sure that my words and actions are respectful for the current president as well. He, like his predecessors, was installed by God (IMHO).

Now...I do recall the outrage INGO had directed at woman taking obnoxious photos and/or videos at Arlington National Cemetery. (too lazy to go digging right now)

I remember a guy at Arlington who took his shirt off while walking around and another two guys wrestling. my brothers and I making fun of them to each other. I wouldn't have the nerve to call them out publicly and demand an apology letter.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

I would dare say that celebrities openly saying that they want to blow up the White House, other celebrities saying that they want other people to punch Trump supporters, and yet another celebrity openly saying that she wants a military coup far FAR more disrespectful than just about anything said regarding BHO, including the few random idiots making racial slurs.
    Then, there are the riots.
    A little perspective is in order.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom