• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbowen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Noblesville
    I just purchased my first hand gun and I am looking for advice on which holster I should get for my Glock 27. I will probably be buying an ankle, paddle, and inside the waist holster. Is it necessary to have all three types and if so which brands do suggest.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just purchased my first hand gun and I am looking for advice on which holster I should get for my Glock 27. I will probably be buying an ankle, paddle, and inside the waist holster. Is it necessary to have all three types and if so which brands do suggest.

I have a 27, and carry it in a Galco King Tuk IWB. Extremely similar to a Crossbreed SuperTuk, so I assume you would not go wrong with either one. Its simply the best carry setup I've owned.

https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=4076&CatalogID=7

Galco King Tuk Tuckable Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Glock 17, 19, 26, 22, 23, 27, 36 Leather and Kydex Black - MidwayUSA

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    For the paddle go with the paddle version of the bianchi carry lok. I love the belt holster and would recommend the belt over the paddle but, that is just for personal preference and security reasons.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have been carrying concealed for over 30 years and have tried just about every style holster than man has dreamed up and after collecting several drawer fulls of holsters i have finally come to the realization that some form of a pancake style holster (leather) worn OWB is the most comfortable, most accessible, easiest re-holstering style I have found. Only other holster I like is the Don Hume J.I.T., which I use 90% of the time.

J.I.T.s...

jits-1.jpg

Pancakes, a Mitch Rosen mag and light holder, DeSantis for a Glock 19, a Ken Null for P7M8

pancakeholsters.jpg

The biggest reason most people don't carry is comfort. OWB is the most comfortable way to carry, that Glock sitting in your drawer in it's IWB doesn't do you much good when you aren't at home.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a 27, and carry it in a Galco King Tuk IWB. Extremely similar to a Crossbreed SuperTuk, so I assume you would not go wrong with either one. Its simply the best carry setup I've owned.

https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=4076&CatalogID=7

Galco King Tuk Tuckable Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Glock 17, 19, 26, 22, 23, 27, 36 Leather and Kydex Black - MidwayUSA

Thanks for introducing me to this Galco holster. I just bought a Kholster for my XD40SC. Wish that I had seen this Galco first. It appears that is not adjustable as to depth and kant, but I am sure the quality is superior.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for introducing me to this Galco holster. I just bought a Kholster for my XD40SC. Wish that I had seen this Galco first. It appears that is not adjustable as to depth and kant, but I am sure the quality is superior.

It is adjustable for both. There are another set of holes in the leather, to which you can adjust the depth and cant. I have kept it as it came, but shouldn't be difficult to adjust. From the Galco site:

"Worn inside the waistband, the KingTuk’s removable metal belt clips (fitting belts up to 1 ¾”) can be moved up or down in the corresponding holes in the leather, enabling the user to set the carry height and angle to suit their unique preferences."

I really liked it. I had been wanting a CrossBreed, but was having a hard time parting with the $ when I could not lay hands on one. My brother has a CB for his 26 and swears by it, but he lives in FL. So I took the plunge with the Galco as I saw it at MidWest Gun Exchange while in the area on business. They had a 20% sale on all Galco, which made it same price as Midway. Wore it yesterday to dinner and my wife never knew it was there.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have been carrying concealed for over 30 years and have tried just about every style holster than man has dreamed up and after collecting several drawer fulls of holsters i have finally come to the realization that some form of a pancake style holster (leather) worn OWB is the most comfortable, most accessible, easiest re-holstering style I have found. Only other holster I like is the Don Hume J.I.T., which I use 90% of the time.

J.I.T.s...

jits-1.jpg

Pancakes, a Mitch Rosen mag and light holder, DeSantis for a Glock 19, a Ken Null for P7M8

pancakeholsters.jpg

The biggest reason most people don't carry is comfort. OWB is the most comfortable way to carry, that Glock sitting in your drawer in it's IWB doesn't do you much good when you aren't at home.

I'll second that. After almost 25 years of carrying concealed, I carry OWB as well.

My HiPower rides in Kramer Scabbard, and my Beretta in a Galco Concealable. Instead of getting your pants all a size or two larger to accomodate the IWB holster, which still won't be nearly as comfortable as OWB, carry OWB in a good holster, with a good gunbelt, and just get your shirts a size larger.

Let me reiterate one thing. Use a good holster, and a good gunbelt, and you're set. I got my belt from Beltman.

Top Bottom