• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    I'm looking for a IWB holster for the shield. Any suggestions??? What holster companies stand out from the rest. I'm willing to spend a little more for a superior holster.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    When I purchased mine we went with a simple Uncle Mikes, however I did have a chance to play around with the Galco leather holsters and was surprised how well the Shield fit in the holsters designed to fit the Glock 26. Granted I know the slide on a G26 is thicker, however with the new, not broken in Galco leather the Shield seem to fit exceptionally well!

ipswervy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Somewhere Indiana
    I couldn't find a particular holster for my M&P 45c, turns out the brand I bought was designed for a glock, and it fit just like it was designed for my gun. It was not an IWB holster but if you look around you could find something that fits perfectly.

mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    I have a crossbreed supertuck for the CM9. Very nice holster and comfortable. I doubt they have any for the shield on it at the moment but you can look at crossbreedseconds.com for factory seconds or returned items. I got mine there and it was in new condition.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    I guess my issue is that I've never purchased a Kydex holster. I've only purchased leather. I guess it's time to give one a try

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have the Shield in 9mm and used a elastic waist band holster which worked so well that I couldn't feel the weight of the gun at times. I was constantly checking the gun to make sure that it was still there. I had the gun positioned above my hip and slightly to the rear of the hip. The sensation of not feeling the gun was so disconcerting, that I wondered if I needed a dummy cord (lanyard). I'll try it in my Nate Squared IWB Holster to see how it does. The website for Nate squared is: http://n82tactical.com/n82store/.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I just order one of the cross breed for mine yesterday, can't wait! Uncle Mike is no friend of mine for iwb... But doable.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Crossbreed has the Supertuck and Minituck available for the shield. Anyone have an opinion on why I should choose one over the other?

Top Bottom