• ...and so much more!
  • anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    shieldedholsters.com

Dustin is the guys name. He makes identical holsters to raven concealment and crossbreed supertucks (maybe a hair different) for half the price. Just sunk a few hundred bucks w him a month or two ago. Very nice stuff. I dont think he has a website but thats his email.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have a G22 and have the blackhawk serpa, with a dropleg.

See the below pic. I'm currently using this holster for USPSA shooting, so it's a draw and shoot. Have not had any issues with my draw until this weekend when I changed my set up slightly, but will fix that next match.

HolsterOptions.jpg

DropLeg.jpg

I went with the blackhawk quick disconnect so that I could swap from the paddle to the drop leg quickly, and put one in my AR bag for transport. Not really used that one much, but could add it to a vest or other molle gear for a third rig for another weapon.

Ender587

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Wichita KS
    Maybe im looking at the wrong setup, but that's looking to be around a $150 setup.

Anyone have an opinion on the 5.11 thumb drive Holster? 50 bucks, but im not sure if its any good. Anyone have one?

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I am not a huge fan of the drop leg, although it has its moments, so unfortunately I am not much help there. (Although I have never had an issue with anything 5.11 has made).

That being said, for an OWB holster, Raven Concealment hands down. The absolute best money I have ever spent on a holster. It just plain works, and it built like a tank. Worth the money and worth the wait. This is my go-to holster and fits almost every situation I have ever needed.

IWB, I prefer a Comp-Tac. Very comfortable and easily concealable, and again, worth every penny.

I do have a Safariland ALS on my war belt, and I like it, but its not as user friendly and take some practice. It is solid and secure, but with this setup, the handgun is not your primary weapon and is a secondary. Although the Safariland is nice, I would LOVE to be able to find a way to quickly attach/detach my raven to the war belt instead.

Just my :twocents:

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    IWB is inside the waistband, OWB is outside the waistband. If you are looking for a good holster that can be converted between OWB and drop leg, look into the Safariland ALS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    I use a Don Hume IWB holster. It is a great leather holster that go for about $35. I have one for every gun I own. Just my thoughts for what it's worth.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Hey guys, im looking for a solid holster for my Glock 22.

I was looking at 5.11 Tactical stuff and they have a seemingly nice holster and a drop leg attachment. $50 bucks for the holster and another $50 for the drop leg.
    ThumbDrive Holster | Holsters | 5.11 Tactical

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Based on Rhino's recommendation, I bought a ThumbDrive, and I love it. No regrets. (I think it's kinda ugly (kinda looks like a sideways Delorean), but I can deal with it.)

Top Bottom