• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    I have tried for a while now to find a holster for my Kimber Pro Carry II TLE/RL. And have had no luck finding a quality holster for it, I am currently carrying it in a Blackhawk generic holster that i dont like much. I want to carry it SOB. I am considering making a kydex holster for it but have never made anything out of Kydex. Is it difficult to work with for a noob?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I want to carry it SOB.

I'm curious why you've decided to carry SOB?

SOB carry is usually slower to draw from, tougher to retain in a fight, tougher to access in a fight (especially if you're on the ground), and could potentially cause a spinal injury if you fall backwards onto it.

Just some things to think about.

gal-sob_1.jpg

CopsPlus.com: Galco Holsters SOB Small of Back Holster

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    I decieded on SOB because hip carry is not very often an option for me. All though after more research today I am now leaning toward IWB behind my right pants pocket. Thanks for the help.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    But do they make one for a 4 inch 1911 with an integrated light rail?

I don't know? I would bet not. But I also couldn't imagine my EDC IWB carry would be sporting a flashlight. I keep a lill streamlight microstream in my pocket for anytime I might need some illumination. For me and its just me incorporating the extra bulk of an attached flashlight just wouldn't be practical for EDC. I mean maybe if I were part of some sort of strike team where I might need a light on my pistol on an everyday basis. But for me as just your average Joe, the Trijicons with my streamlight in my off hand just seems more practical. I'm not a big fan of flashlights on handguns anyway, I don't like the added bulk and its just something else to snag on stuff. But then like I said if your doing a lot of low light entries where that would be beneficial then by all means have at it. There is a purveyor at the 1500 that will custom melt you a holster...

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    The Kimber in question has a light rail which changes the profile of the weapon. Making it not fit most holsters made for a 4 inch 1911. For EDC I don't carry with a light attached.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Check with this guy - he's on INGO as millsusaf. It's probably about an hour trip from Brooklyn, IN but if you're really wanting a holster made for a 4" 1911 with the light attached, it might be worth it. He does custom Kydex and makes a really nice holster that's custom to what you want. Very nice, standup guy that does quaility work. Good Luck.

Mills Tactical | Facebook

Top Bottom