• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    South Bend
    SAME BOAT DIFFERENT CALIBER

I've got the SR40C. I use a nylon OWB inside my front pocket. Kinda tight but actually conceals pretty well. Not the best solution, but works for me, is comfortable and secure in place.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Also have the 40c, bought a Don Hume JIT slide holster for it and love it. It's OWB, leather and has 2 belt loops for attachment. Only gripe is the damn load chamber indicator prevents it from fully seating 100% into the holster (and I haven't gotten a deletion kit for my 40c yet)

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I have been very happy with the Mitch Rosen OWB that is available from Ruger's online store, enough so that I plan to get the same model for another handgun.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I wanted a nice holster for my Ruger P345 but could not find one I liked, so I made one.
    picture.php

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I have been very happy with the Mitch Rosen OWB that is available from Ruger's online store, enough so that I plan to get the same model for another handgun.
    That holster has been OOS for the past week. I'd like to find something available.
    I wanted a nice holster for my Ruger P345 but could not find one I liked, so I made one.
    picture.php
    Very nice! Wish I had your skills...

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    If you're looking for a concealed carry IWB, I'd highly recommend looking into a Crossbreed Supertuck. Awesome holster!

civilshoot582

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Morgan County
    Another choice for IWB that allows for your Crimson Trace LaserGuard is Old Faithful Holsters. I have one for my G19 (without the Crimson) and I absolutely love it. Another advantage is that the holster is cheaper than similar competitors because it can come in a kit for you to assemble. Assembly was easy enough and I'm happy with the build quality.

Quick-Assemble-Kit - Inside the Waistband - Hip - Gun Holster Kit - Old Faithful Holsters

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I didn't see how you wanted to carry, maybe I missed it.

If you want inside your waste band, the crossbreed is a great choice and I think there is one for sale in the classifieds.

Outside the waste band, there are many options but you may need to search for a holster for something other than a Ruger SR9c or SR9. If it lists an SR9 it will fit your SR9c. If you find a molded holster that says it fits a S&W Enhanced Sigma Series VE/E/G, Taurus Millenium PT140, Walther PPQ or an FN49 it might fit. For instance Fobus uses thier model HK1 for all those models.

I'd suggest you get some extra mags, they aren't cheap and if you get 17 rounders buy the spacer too.

Hope this helps,

TJ

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I'll probably buy both, IWB and OWB. I wont need the IWB for a while, since I'm just now applying for my LTCH this week. I get fingerprinted on Thursday. Only Reason I need the OWB now is for at the range.

I've picked up an extra 10rd and 17rd + adapter. How many do you recommend having?

Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom