• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The above comment made me think about my set-up. I thread my belt through the first loop on the holster, then through a belt loop and then through the second belt loop on the holster. It doesn't move. To put the holster at 4 o'clock has the front has the front holster loop next to my pants loop.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just ordered this.

View attachment 56234

Thanks for the insight everyone.

You can't go wrong with a G-Code INCOG. In my opinion, they're the best IWB or AIWB holsters on the market. The downside is that they won't make one for a gun that isn't on there list (like a SAO Sig P226).

1) Identify where you want your holster.
    2) Sew on an additional belt loop to prevent it from sliding back.
    3) Problem solved.

That is good advice.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Your issue is the holster is not curved to the shape of a body. And it searches for the flattest spot. I had the same problem.

It was resolved simply with my wifes hair dryer. The shell of the holster is flat. It is not conforming. So I heated up the "wings" on each side of the molded part and bent them in. It stays exactly where I want it now whether it be 3 clock or 5

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    You can't go wrong with a G-Code INCOG. In my opinion, they're the best IWB or AIWB holsters on the market. The downside is that they won't make one for a gun that isn't on there list (like a SAO Sig P226).

That is good advice.
    plus side to carrying of the most popular carry guns out there...

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I do like my plastic holsters but I really like my leather holsters they do not move and the weight is spread out at two points supporting the pistol distributing the weight. They cost more but work for me plus they look so cool.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    This just came in today. I was surprised to see that it shipped out yesterday and arrived today. 15 days from order to door. The expected lead time was 4-6 weeks. Wore it out to dinner tonight at 4 o'clock. This thing printed my glock 19 like a mofo. Comfortable and didn't move an inch.
    View attachment 56597

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    This just came in today. I was surprised to see that it shipped out yesterday and arrived today. 15 days from order to door. The expected lead time was 4-6 weeks. Wore it out to dinner tonight at 4 o'clock. This thing printed my glock 19 like a mofo. Comfortable and didn't move an inch.
    View attachment 56597

With your build, I'm not shocked to hear that it prints @ 4

A suggestion for carrying AIWB, is to move your belt buckle to one side or another. It helps keep the buckle from bulging out the front.

I personally carry this rig @ 3ish, so it doesn't dig into my hip.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    With your build, I'm not shocked to hear that it prints @ 4

A suggestion for carrying AIWB, is to move your belt buckle to one side or another. It helps keep the buckle from bulging out the front.

I personally carry this rig @ 3ish, so it doesn't dig into my hip.
    I've tried wearing this aiwb, and it doesn't seem like it'd comfortable while out and about at all. Feels like it'd do nothing but get in the way.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    View attachment 56597

Nothing against you Bickle but what I don't understand is why the holster also has a mag pouch in it. If you need a reload, seems like you will have to put the gun in the other hand and do "backwards" (using the opposite hand you're used to) reload. If this rig is carried AWIB, I can see it but if the rig is at 3 or 4 o'clock, that mag is well out of reach for the support hand. Am I missing something or is it just a bad idea?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Nothing against you Bickle but what I don't understand is why the holster also has a mag pouch in it. If you need a reload, seems like you will have to put the gun in the other hand and do "backwards" (using the opposite hand you're used to) reload. If this rig is carried AWIB, I can see it but if the rig is at 3 or 4 o'clock, that mag is well out of reach for the support hand. Am I missing something or is it just a bad idea?

The rig is designed to be used AIWB, however some use it other places. I carry this rig @ 3ish and am still able to reach the spare mag w my support hand with ease.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    The rig is designed to be used AIWB, however some use it other places. I carry this rig @ 3ish and am still able to reach the spare mag w my support hand with ease.
    Right, I'm experimenting with different carry positions. Finding the most comfy/conceal-able place and sticking to it.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Separating the mag caddy from the holster is actually a more comfortable yet unconventional way to run this. Currently I have my firearm at 4 o'clock and my mag at 1 o'clock. Very conceal-able and comfortable.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Separating the mag caddy from the holster is actually a more comfortable yet unconventional way to run this. Currently I have my firearm at 4 o'clock and my mag at 1 o'clock. Very conceal-able and comfortable.

Guess I didn't look close enough at the picture to see they were separate pieces. Glad you are getting it figured out. :+1:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

There is a SBPD (Officer Maxey maybe) that works security at a local credit union. He has a leather OWB for his 1911 that has the mag pouch just infront of the gun. He wears it at 3:00. Nothing visible on his weak side. It just seems more involved to reach across your body to access your spare mag.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    The mag caddy is supposed to be fastened to the holster, but I separated them. A clip on each one.

That is the reason why they developed the larger mojo, to allow a single clip on the holster, since it moves closer to the centerline of the firearm weight. Good call on trying it that way...

Top Bottom