• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    One of my main motives today at the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show was to buy a good concealment holster (IWB). I was specifically looking for one that would hold my Sig P220 Compact. I had a lot of ideas, and was hoping that I could find something fancy like a Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe. I didn't find one of those. However, I found something much more simple and inexpensive. It is called the "Holster King." The Holster King is a very simple IWB/OWB holster that comes in two sizes. The larger size will hold just about any firearm that isn't a pocket gun. The smaller size will fit pocket and other small pistols.

Instead of explaining how this very simple holster works, I figured I'd like to this review on YouTube:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhyhlO41_Q[/ame]

I am very satisfied with this $20.00 purchase, as it will not only hold my P220, but my 1911, Glock 22, Bond Arms Snake Slayer, and various other pistols in my arsenal. I had to brag to someone! :rockwoot:

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    :yesway: Glad you found a product you were happy with. One of my main mission at the 1500 was to find holsters.

Having used a similar holster an been...less than satisfied, I'd urge you to give the model specific molded holsters a solid look. What I'd bought were $33 ea, so about 50% more expensive but the comfort is well worth it, IMO and :twocents:

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For some reason, I love to buy holsters. I guess it makes carrying a pistol all the more exciting. I won't stop with the Holster King, but I am a mite satisfied.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I, too, went to the 1500 looking for an IWB holster for my Sig P226, preferably in leather. I want something that will keep the handle from digging into my fat ... err... side.

I didn't find anything that fit the bill (but then, most of the vendors were swamped when I stopped), but did end up buying a sticky-sided, soft holster for my Kel-Tec PF9. No clips, no snaps -- it just sorta sticks to the waistband and, well, my love handle. I wore it around on Saturday, just to see if it was acceptable.

With a tee shirt and the holster tucked in between the shirt and my waistband, all was groovy. However, later in the day when the temps rose enough that wearing a jacket or fleece wasn't comfy, I had to untuck my tee shirt and let it conceal the pistol. I didn't care for the edges of the grip digging in.

So, the quest continues for a good, comfortable way to carry my Sig.

(I know, I know ... "Open carry will solve your problem.") :D

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I, too, went to the 1500 looking for an IWB holster for my Sig P226, preferably in leather. I want something that will keep the handle from digging into my fat ... err... side.

I didn't find anything that fit the bill (but then, most of the vendors were swamped when I stopped), but did end up buying a sticky-sided, soft holster for my Kel-Tec PF9. No clips, no snaps -- it just sorta sticks to the waistband and, well, my love handle. I wore it around on Saturday, just to see if it was acceptable.

With a tee shirt and the holster tucked in between the shirt and my waistband, all was groovy. However, later in the day when the temps rose enough that wearing a jacket or fleece wasn't comfy, I had to untuck my tee shirt and let it conceal the pistol. I didn't care for the edges of the grip digging in.

So, the quest continues for a good, comfortable way to carry my Sig.

(I know, I know ... "Open carry will solve your problem.") :D

As will under-shirts / muscle shirts / "wife-beaters" . I know I've modified my wardrobe in several ways because of / to facilitate every day carry.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As will under-shirts / muscle shirts / "wife-beaters" . I know I've modified my wardrobe in several ways because of / to facilitate every day carry.

This is what I like most about this holster. It allows to to wear what you want and still be able to carry concealed. Or, you want, you can always loop it through your belt and OC (or put on a jacket or sweat shirt to cover it). No modifications needed.

Top Bottom