• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Cheap leather holsters can curl up as they wear out. The corner of the holster catches the trigger when reholstering. The fix is a holster with reinforced mouth so it keeps its shape. But that makes the holster thicker.

I see. My Tucker holsters have an extra "overflap" that helps pull the holster in tighter to the body plus reinforces the mouth. I can't see it ever getting soft in my lifetime. But it does make it thicker.

Of course, if it did, it would just be time to replace it.

21__62880.1582833761.jpg

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I just bought a KT Mech https://kt-mech.com/index.html
    for range and general use, $50, two weeks, custom made to order. They want pictures of your gun, especially if it has a light or optic on it. Excellent service. Also fits safariland stuff for mounting.
    Otherwise I always look for Safariland ALS with the suede liner inside.

I have to be just like you so I ordered one too. It should be here in 1-1/2 weeks

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    What do you all recommend on a good gun belt. I’d have to agree you can a nice holster but won’t do no good without a proper belt.

See the previous posts on the Daltech Super Bio belt. It's a good value and performs well. Less than $50 (cheaper when on sale). And, if I'm not mistaken, it might be the only belt that has it's own thread on INGO (36 pages!):

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/superbio-gun-belts

There are other good belts out there too of course, although many are more expensive, and to be fair, may be more aesthetically pleasing being made from fancy leathers, etc.

A gunbelt should have good structural stability lengthwise and crosswise. It's the foundation of a holster-based carry system.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Many many holsters over the decades. I really am impressed with Vedder Holsters and Kore Essential belts. My CZ 75 compact is fantastic in that rig.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Many many holsters over the decades. I really am impressed with Vedder Holsters and Kore Essential belts. My CZ 75 compact is fantastic in that rig.

What Vedder have you had? I am looking at the LightDraw right now. Looks pretty good. Wondering if it offers anything above and beyond my Bravo. I would like adjustable tension which the Vedder has and the Bravo does not.

But what I'm really looking for is that nice high and tight fit to help conceal my M&P 2.0 compact.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Pretty much down to only DeSantis Speed Scabbards or Mini Slides (small) (leather owb) or Don Hume H71M (or MS (Sweat Shield) Leather IWB

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I have the Light tuck IWB. Adj can’t and tension. Very comfortable. I am not familiar with Bravo. Vedder custom makes It took 10 days. Very impressed with the quality. Smooth finished edges and a metal clip

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bravo Concealment.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com

I've been very happy with them. The product is good and the price is reasonable, especially with the sales they have.

I just bought a Muddy River Tactical holster (because Bravo Concealment didn't offer one for the pistol I have). Seems good so far but it's only been a few weeks.

https://muddyrivertactical.com

Bumping this post because Bravo Concealment is running a Labor Day sale - Buy one get one free. That's two holsters for $53 and you can mix and match OWB and IWB.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    JM Custom Kydex is my vote. Very comfortable, lots of configuration options, and available for a lot of makes/models.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

Their OWB looks interesting? Do you have any experience with them? Anything to compare them to?

I was set on buying a NSR cuz I have heard they contour and fit nice and tight for the best concealability for an OWB holster. But I just can't bring myself to buy any more holsters that don't offer some kind of satisfaction guarantee.

My Bravo is okay, but I'm looking for something better.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Their OWB looks interesting? Do you have any experience with them? Anything to compare them to?

I was set on buying a NSR cuz I have heard they contour and fit nice and tight for the best concealability for an OWB holster. But I just can't bring myself to buy any more holsters that don't offer some kind of satisfaction guarantee.

My Bravo is okay, but I'm looking for something better.

I do have 2 of their OWB-2 holsters. I don't use them frequently because I prefer carrying AIWB but I think comfort and concealment on the OWB-2 are both excellent. As mentioned, the majority of my experience with JM is with their AIWB holsters; specifically the AIWB Wing Claw 2.5. It's extremely comfortable. I have no problem wearing it all day long or while driving for 5+ hours.

My only comparison experience would be with a Vedder Light Tuck that I bought to use while waiting for one of my custom AIWB orders from JM Custom Kydex. The JM Custom is 10X better in every way; fit, finish, customization, comfort, adjust-ability, etc. I'll never buy another Vedder holster.

As for warranty...this is straight off the JM Custom Kydex website.
    Our warranty is simple. If you are not happy with your JM Custom Kydex product for any reason in the first two weeks, return it for a full refund. If your JM Custom Kydex product breaks during normal use (and if you’re truly honest about normal use), then JM Custom Kydex will replace it at no charge.

The owner is extremely responsive to emails too. If you have any questions on which holster would be best for you I'd send him an email with some information like height, weight, waist/chest size, typical dress, etc. He typically responds within 24 hours if not same day.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I do have 2 of their OWB-2 holsters. I don't use them frequently because I prefer carrying AIWB but I think comfort and concealment on the OWB-2 are both excellent. As mentioned, the majority of my experience with JM is with their AIWB holsters; specifically the AIWB Wing Claw 2.5. It's extremely comfortable. I have no problem wearing it all day long or while driving for 5+ hours.

My only comparison experience would be with a Vedder Light Tuck that I bought to use while waiting for one of my custom AIWB orders from JM Custom Kydex. The JM Custom is 10X better in every way; fit, finish, customization, comfort, adjust-ability, etc. I'll never buy another Vedder holster.

As for warranty...this is straight off the JM Custom Kydex website.
    Our warranty is simple. If you are not happy with your JM Custom Kydex product for any reason in the first two weeks, return it for a full refund. If your JM Custom Kydex product breaks during normal use (and if you’re truly honest about normal use), then JM Custom Kydex will replace it at no charge.

The owner is extremely responsive to emails too. If you have any questions on which holster would be best for you I'd send him an email with some information like height, weight, waist/chest size, typical dress, etc. He typically responds within 24 hours if not same day.

Thanks! I'll check out the OWB-1 and -2. I did send them a message with some questions. We'll see what they say.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    mb, I contacted "Tony" or John, the owner. Very responsive guy. I will be buying a holster from him. His customer service, helpfulness and satisfaction guarantee is all I need.

Plus, the holster seems like it checks all my boxes! If not, I'll send it back.

Oh, and get this, he will cut mine for my 4" barrel instead of like so many others that just make them for the 4.25" barrel since the 4" will fit. I'll take 1/4" off the bottom for concealment purposed every day!

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Glad to hear that went well for you. Tony's customer service is impeccable. He was emailing with me over the holiday weekend to answer some questions for me. I placed another order with him this afternoon. Let us know what you think when you get your order. I think you'll be more than pleased.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    e64c4deaa828cd7c03a339bbdc2236fa.jpg

Just under 2 weeks from order to door for the KT Mech AKELA holster. Mounts perfect to the Safariland mid ride chassis with QLS. The holster is perfect fit with nice retention on both light and trigger guard. I’m going to order another one for the Beretta M9A3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    mb, I contacted "Tony" or John, the owner. Very responsive guy. I will be buying a holster from him. His customer service, helpfulness and satisfaction guarantee is all I need.

Plus, the holster seems like it checks all my boxes! If not, I'll send it back.

Oh, and get this, he will cut mine for my 4" barrel instead of like so many others that just make them for the 4.25" barrel since the 4" will fit. I'll take 1/4" off the bottom for concealment purposed every day!

Which one are you ordering? Be interested to hear a review when you get it.

Top Bottom