• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Just got a SIG P238 and need a holster. Never had an IWB, but that seems to be the way to go for me. Also, not sure what "4 O'Clock position, etc means. Checked some internet sites and they talk about tucking your shirt in over the gun. Seems you would have to have a gap where the clip goes on your belt. I'm right handed and think I could draw quicker and/or be more comfortable carrying in a cross draw position. Comments appreciated!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Since I haven't broken down and got a IWB holster, the only thing I can help with is the position. Right hip would be 3 o' clock, center of back would be 6 o' clock. HTH.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Think of your waist as a clock. Your left side is 9 o' clock, right is 3 o' clock, front is 12, back is 6. Carrying at 4 o' clock would be near your kidney. When I had my P238 I had a pocket holster. If you would like to have a tuckable IWB holster, look into this: MiniTuck

If you prefer leather, Galco has a simple option for a good price NEW!!! Galco Tuck-N-Go Tuckable IWB: SIG P238 .380 Compact Auto - Reviews & Prices @ Yahoo! Shopping

Carrying cross draw is slower and causes you to muzzle sweep any bystanders if you ever needed to draw in self defense. After you decide on a holster, I suggest you sign up for some pistol training from any of site advertisers that offer courses.

Last edited:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Just got a SIG P238 and need a holster. Never had an IWB, Checked some internet sites and they talk about tucking your shirt in over the gun. Seems you would have to have a gap where the clip goes on your belt. I'm right handed and think I could draw quicker and/or be more comfortable carrying in a cross draw position. Comments appreciated!
    I would NEVER tuck my shirt in OVER my carry piece. When I come out, I want to come out with ...., not shirt. I carry in a shoulder rig. As far as cross draw goes, here's your solution, I'm right handed as well. Love the shoulder. I wear a vest. Oh yea, that debate is in another thread.:rockwoot:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Think of your waist as a clock. Your left side is 9 o' clock, right is 3 o' clock, front is 12, back is 6. Carrying at 4 o' clock would be near your kidney. When I had my P238 I had a pocket holster. If you would like to have a tuckable IWB holster, look into this: MiniTuck

If you prefer leather, Galco has a simple option for a good price NEW!!! Galco Tuck-N-Go Tuckable IWB: SIG P238 .380 Compact Auto - Reviews & Prices @ Yahoo! Shopping

Carrying cross draw is slower and causes you to muzzle sweep any bystanders if you ever needed to draw in self defense. After you decide on a holster, I suggest you sign up for some pistol training from any of site advertisers that offer courses.
    Good post lawrra. There is the issue of muzzle sweep, however, if classes are taken, this can be avoided. The right gun, the right holster, and the right training, he'll be alright. Slower draw???:dunno:

Top Bottom