• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm looking for holster options for a Commander sized 1911. I'm not sure what I'll be carrying. Either my Kimber Tactical Pro II or my ATI GI. I think I'd prefer an OWB.

My hubby has a Blackhawk Serpa and a Raven Concealment ( for Glock) and I don't care for either of them. They aren't comfortable to wear. Thanks for any suggestions you have. :)
    I plan on getting some ideas together when I go to the 1500 in March.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm looking for holster options for a Commander sized 1911. I'm not sure what I'll be carrying. Either my Kimber Tactical Pro II or my ATI GI. I think I'd prefer an OWB.

My hubby has a Blackhawk Serpa and a Raven Concealment ( for Glock) and I don't care for either of them. They aren't comfortable to wear. Thanks for any suggestions you have. :)
    I plan on getting some ideas together when I go to the 1500 in March.

I've got one made by Front Line that you can test drive.
    It's a leather OWB for 1911...
    I'll bring it to the FWA meet up and you can keep it till we see each other at the 1500... It's this one.

Anybody else?
    Come on, folks...we've ALL got *that* "holster drawer".

Good luck in your search!

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    For OWB, I have one that I really like from Highnoon Holsters.

Slide Guard

Very well made. Only downside is that they have some really long lead times right now. They stock some holsters and you get those within 2-3 days. But on ones they have to make, it is probably around 6 months.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will just add it's probably gonna have to be OWB for her. Before the 1911's, she had a smaller Kahr CW9 and couldn't find herself liking any IWB holsters even with that.

I won't be able to make the next 1500 with her, but she will be in capable hands. I do hope she will go with a list of potential holsters so she can check out as many as possible and hopefully finds one she is happy with.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I noticed. :D

Oh, please. That poor woman puts up with you 24/7. Ain't that [STRIKE]punishment [/STRIKE]payment enough?? In fact, I think you owe HER something back!

:popcorn:

Maybe true if we were only talking bout one or two... In the last 9-12 months, I let her loose with my wallet when she bought her CW9, the G19, the ATI, and now the Kimber.... Still think I owe her ? :D You got to remember one other thing... She works too.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've got one made by Front Line that you can test drive.
    It's a leather OWB for 1911...
    I'll bring it to the FWA meet up and you can keep it till we see each other at the 1500... It's this one.

Anybody else?
    Come on, folks...we've ALL got *that* "holster drawer".

Good luck in your search!

Thanks Annie! You definitely :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

See ya next Sunday!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    No prob!
    By the way...If you want, I'll bring the Texas Strong Side, too.
    Since I've been using an IWB, I don't need them both at the same time.
    That way you can see the difference in the kind that have a belt slot on the BACK (like the TSS) and how it changes the angle of the gun in relation to your hip/side. I think it holds it higher (just a smidgen) and closer (by tilting toward you instead of away).

GUN BELT - a definite help.
    If you don't find any that you like, try this suggestion Jay's said before;
    Find a "regular type" pretty leather one you like and get another PLAIN leather one in the same size. Take it to a leather shop or shoe repair place and have them stitched together one on top of the other (but only up to the areas just before the holes and just before the buckle)...
    That way you have "gun belt" thickness and stiffness and something pretty that you like best!

Granted, I never tried it...but it SOUNDS viable... :yesway:

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Have you looked at the Raven type holsters? They carry out of the waistband very well. Several holster makers are making similar holsters if you want to avoid the wait. What about a fixed purse holster?

Top Bottom