holster that supports tactical accessory? were to buy??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentt2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Speedway
    Ive recently purchased a M&P 40 and a blackhawk holster. Im looking for a holster that will support my 40 plus the Smith and Wesson tactical light.. Does any one have any locations or idea of places to purchase???

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    That might have to be a custom job. In my experience, you will only find pre-made holsters for guns with accessories for extremely popular guns with extremely popular accessories. I was able to find a couple different kydex holsters for My Shield 9mm with the Lasermax laser that fits over the trigger guard. I considered myself lucky in finding those. I am hoping I can also find one for my G19 with a Streamlight TLR-3.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    Fobus makes one for several guns. It is open in the back so your accessory(s) stick out. Not sure how much I like the idea, but there you go. I saw them on eBay, but I'm sure they can be found elsewhere.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Hooch Is a Greenwood Police SWAT Officer. I had him make a holster for my Ruger SR9c and it was nice. Get ahold of USDS or Elmores and see if they can put you in touch with him.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    My biggest concern with A Fobus holster would be that it's made by Fobus.

Agreed! They seem well enough for around the house or personal property but I dont think they have good enough retention for a carry holster. I personally had one of the holsters in question and it was not my cup-o-tea. I like the Kydex options better.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Agreed! They seem well enough for around the house or personal property but I dont think they have good enough retention for a carry holster. I personally had one of the holsters in question and it was not my cup-o-tea. I like the Kydex options better.
    Weird, my experience with Fobus is that they have too much retention. I could hardly draw from the dang thing.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Weird, my experience with Fobus is that they have too much retention. I could hardly draw from the dang thing.

They start out this way, but if you use them for training or competition (anything where you draw frequently), they quickly loosen up to the point where the gun can fall out.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Ive recently purchased a M&P 40 and a blackhawk holster. Im looking for a holster that will support my 40 plus the Smith and Wesson tactical light.. Does any one have any locations or idea of places to purchase???

:):......
    I ain't never amazed,I tell ya......:):.......the 'doo-dads' some got'a have........:):

:twocents:.......only 'tact'cal' access.......'at I need.......is in'a holster.......:):

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :):......
    I ain't never amazed,I tell ya......:):.......the 'doo-dads' some got'a have........:):

:twocents:.......only 'tact'cal' access.......'at I need.......is in'a holster.......:):

407811005.jpg

sheepdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    I carry a sig 229 with TLR2 and just bought IMI defense paddle holster. They are made in Israel, took about 3 weeks to get. It's a level 2 and so far I really like it.

Top Bottom