• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    most of the time I carry iwb 3:00 in a comp~tac minataur. it rides fine in the car and I dont have to be unsafe holstering and unholstering. tthet otntltyt ttitmes i holster and unholster in the car is if i happen to not be carrying and need to make some stops. then i use my truck gun that i keep in my floor safe and it goes back in at the end of the trip

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I see alot of folks talking about NEVER un-holstering, and re-holstering.. Explain what someone is supposed to do when they get to work, and theyre not allowed to carry? Then again when they leave work? As far as re-holstering outside, are you supposed to drive to a piece of property other than work, who will not allow a firearm unless its locked out of sight in your vehicle? Also, how is one supposed to remove a king tuk, with the weapon in it, and put it somewhere? Thing takes up half your waist...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I see alot of folks talking about NEVER un-holstering, and re-holstering.. Explain what someone is supposed to do when they get to work, and theyre not allowed to carry? Then again when they leave work? As far as re-holstering outside, are you supposed to drive to a piece of property other than work, who will not allow a firearm unless its locked out of sight in your vehicle? Also, how is one supposed to remove a king tuk, with the weapon in it, and put it somewhere? Thing takes up half your waist...

Lots of companies make CCW bags of all sizes and configurations. Many with compartments plenty large enough to accommodate holstered guns.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy

If you have a good reason to do it, by all means, do what you need to do. It sounded to me like people are making a habit of taking the gun off every time they get in the car. I disagree with that practice for a number of reasons.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Lots of companies make CCW bags of all sizes and configurations. Many with compartments plenty large enough to accommodate holstered guns.

What? Ok, so you got the storage of the holster/firearm down, but once again, how do you take a king tuk off and not make a scene. You certainly couldnt do it in a car, so youd have to do it outside, cant do it on company property, or you get fired, so that means you have to dirve somewhere else, stop, then put your gun/holster back on.

If you have a good reason to do it, by all means, do what you need to do. It sounded to me like people are making a habit of taking the gun off every time they get in the car. I disagree with that practice for a number of reasons.

I agree with you on that one. If I was not comfortable carrying all the time, I would need to fix whatever it is that's making it uncomfortable.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    What? Ok, so you got the storage of the holster/firearm down, but once again, how do you take a king tuk off and not make a scene. You certainly couldnt do it in a car, so youd have to do it outside, cant do it on company property, or you get fired, so that means you have to dirve somewhere else, stop, then put your gun/holster back on.

Really ?? I have 2 King Tuks and can take them off or put them on in a matter of seconds, without making a scene. I'm pretty sure I could do it in my truck too, but haven't had the need to. Once I got them broken in from daily wear, they're pretty easy to maneuver.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That's one of the keys.

Too many guys won't wear their pants where they belong, for whatever reason.

You're a hero among fat men sir.
    biggrin.gif

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../327000-appendix-carry-guys-what-holster.html

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    It took me awhile to get used to carrying IWB, especially when sitting and driving. I'm a medium build and carry at 3 a FS M&P 9. I've become used to it now even while driving. I didn't think I'd actually forget I was carrying, but I have reached that point in comfort-ability. My holster is a Desantis Intruder. I've tried AIWB and as soon as I sit down, the muzzle jabs into my leg.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Really ?? I have 2 King Tuks and can take them off or put them on in a matter of seconds, without making a scene. I'm pretty sure I could do it in my truck too, but haven't had the need to. Once I got them broken in from daily wear, they're pretty easy to maneuver.

Yup.. not a scene at all...

[video=youtube;3h4tWU59BY4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h4tWU59BY4[/video]

If i did that in the parking lot of my work, Id be fired inside a week. I still think it would be very difficult to do while inside of a regular cab ranger, or a suzuki samurai.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Yup.. not a scene at all...

If i did that in the parking lot of my work, Id be fired inside a week. I still think it would be very difficult to do while inside of a regular cab ranger, or a suzuki samurai.

I don't think I'd be putting the holster on with the hammer back. I get up in the morning and it's already on my pants. If I switch it to a different set of pants, the gun comes out of the holster to do the manipulating.

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    I have been thinking about mounting a holster in my car. With as much as my seats are bolstered (and my sides are bolstered!) it is nearly unbearable to carry while driving on even short trips. The longest trip I could make was about 30 minutes before I had to stop and take it off because the back pain was too much. I can leave it on if I am driving my old truck with a bench seat, but not in my daily driver with sportier seats.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have been thinking about mounting a holster in my car. With as much as my seats are bolstered (and my sides are bolstered!) it is nearly unbearable to carry while driving on even short trips. The longest trip I could make was about 30 minutes before I had to stop and take it off because the back pain was too much. I can leave it on if I am driving my old truck with a bench seat, but not in my daily driver with sportier seats.

What belt and holster are you using?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I bought a Kydex holster from Hooch that I wear between 3:00 and 4:00 OWB. It's the most comfortable holster I've ever had. My P2000 is accessible and easily concealed.

Top Bottom