• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Hello, I have been carrying for 9 yrs now. I have been through a many holsters. I sit in a car most hours of the day. Currently I wear a small fanny pack and carry a keltec 380. It does not look like a gun fanny pack at all and actually my shirt almost covers it. Not sure what I want to get yet thinking of a kahr cm9. Confused about caliber, people tell me not to get a 9mm only a 40 or 45. Not sure what would be comfortable in the car. Have done iwb carry, that my friend is uncomfortable to me. Thought about that kangaroo carry, thought about owb highride, with a shirt over it. Boy, any suggestions would be great. Especially a holster that is not in the waistband. For me, that is horribly uncomfortable. Unless you know of one that is super comfortable. Thank you

Last edited:

7.62-5.56Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, IN
    9mm should be fine. theyre making some pretty awesome ammo for the 9 nowadays. get you a crossbreed super tuck delux holster. i wear mine all day everyday. nobody at the factory has any idea.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I carry a M&P40c in a HighNoon Split Decision daily, and I'm driving 80% of my day. It's a lot smaller than many of the other IWB holsters but the minimal use of material is what I think makes it comfortable for me in a vehicle. It has just enough play (due to the single belt clip) that it allows is just enough wiggle room to move to a comfortable position while still being secure enough to not feel like it's going to fall out of place when your standing/walking or whatever. The Split Decision has a 5 degree cant and they have other models that don't if thats your fancy. One thing to note from the link below, is that the holster is no taller on the body side which means that the gun rides really low (which I like) but the hammer/rear of the slide (depending on what your carrying) will be exposed to your skin. It doesn't bother me, but I've heard others complain about it. I've been using this holster for over a year now and still really like it. It's pretty inexpensive which was what made me consider it when I was trying to find something more comfy. I think I bought mine for around $40.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hello, I have been carrying for 9 yrs now. I have been through a many holsters. I sit in a car most hours of the day. Currently I wear a small fanny pack and carry a keltec 380. It does not look like a gun fanny pack at all and actually my shirt almost covers it. Not sure what I want to get yet thinking of a kahr cm9. Confused about caliber, people tell me not to get a 9mm only a 40 or 45. Not sure what would be comfortable in the car. Have done iwb carry, that my friend is uncomfortable to me. Thought about that kangaroo carry, thought about owb highride, with a shirt over it. Boy, any suggestions would be great. Thank you

A 9mm will kill a BG just as dead as a .40 or .45, plain and simple.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    A 9mm will kill a BG just as dead as a .40 or .45, plain and simple.

agreed. shot placement is key.

anyhoo, I was never a fan of IWB. but i think a lot of it depends on holster and the gun. for example, my 709 slim is really uncomfortable to carry in the High Noon I bought. But my 1911s are super comfortable in the Galco King Tuk.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The 9mm will treat you fine, like others have said, 9mm will kill em just as good.

As far as an OWB holster, Raven is the only way to go in my opinion. I have not tried a Crossbreed/comptac/kohlster/hybrid style holster yet, but I hear that they are really comfortable. I was looking into getting one for my sub-compact 9mm tonight actually.

Good holsters will cost some $ but they will be worth it because they will hold your gun well and be comfortable.

Top Bottom