• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So I've always heard about Appleseed but never got too interested because I'm not a new shooter, and don't have kids to bring etc.

But just the other day while driving home from work I passed a sign for the Bedford Contingent Appleseed... holy crap... first of all I didn't realize we had an Appleseed group in our area, second of all, I didn't realize that it was less than a mile from my house. I always hear shooting in that direction but I just thought it was somebody shooting in their back yard/field...

I'll have to check it out next shoot... today I'll slow down and read the sign, I think it says when the next shoot is...

Anybody else been going to the Bedford Contingent Appleseed shoots?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So I've always heard about Appleseed but never got too interested because I'm not a new shooter, and don't have kids to bring etc.

Appleseed isn't focused on any of those things. They want EVERYONE to come.

first of all I didn't realize we had an Appleseed group in our area
    IIRC, Indiana is one of Appleseed's most active areas.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Proud Rifleman member of the Bedford Contingent, right here. Best place in the world to shoot an Appleseed.

Appleseed isn't focused on any of those things. They want EVERYONE to come.

IIRC, Indiana is one of Appleseed's most active areas.
    Well... sometimes I guess I just live under a rock... I'm definitely going to check into this... I uh... recognized a photo of somebody I know from work in one of the photos from September 2010 shoot...

I feel stupid for just now finding out about this... it looks like they've been doing it for a while now...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Last edited:

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Hey CountryBoy, I have posted about appleseed several time. I thought I had mentioned it on some of your posts.

The Bedford Contingent puts on a great seed. It's host is a great guy and the people who attend are a lot of fun.

The Bedford Appleseeds are held on Washboard road just off of 37. I have taken quite a few people.

The Bedford Appleseeds sell out QUICKLY! It may be due to the host or the people who attend or the volunteers or the Fried Chicken dinner on Sunday. If you want to go to one, you have to register before date of the prior seed or the next one will be sold out.

Appleseed is not just for new shooters, by the way. Experienced shooters can hone their skills. I have participated in several, volunteered at several and will be attending again next year as a participant again. Yeah, I'm a rifleman, but can I score rifleman both right handed and left handed? Can I wring enough out of my AK to score rifleman with it? (I doubt either of these, but it sure is fun to try!)

Oh, the link for the seeds in Bedford is:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=IN&statename=Indiana

Top Bottom