• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have an independent as well. But after cutting the check for this months coverage (2 homes/2 truck/1 car/2 lives) I need to address this. Getting pretty spendy.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I switched from Allstate to Geico a while back. Saved me a bunch. I never have had any claims so to me it becomes about who is cheapest. I have found, since dealing with insurance adjusters is how I make a living......that they are all about the same. I have had houses destroyed that they deny and houses with no damage that they give the "works" to. I will say the best and easiest claims come from high risk insurers, which I have never understood.

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I had over 10 policies with SAFECO (rental properties, primary home, auto etc). Pulling everything from them. Never had a claim. They randomly sent a handyman out to check the roof on one of my rentals and felt the roof only had about 5 years left in it. My choice was to put a new roof on it or pay $120 to a qualified roofing contractor from their list to send them a report on the condition. If the contractor felt the roof had better than 5 years they would not make me put a new roof on it. If it was less, then I had 3 months to get it done. The reality was, I planned on putting a new roof on it in the next year or so but donÂ’t like to be strong-armed.

I told them if they cared that much, they could pay the $120 and I would abide by the results. They said no and told me they would cancel that particular policy if I ignored it. I ignored it and they did cancel it. I am moving every policy I own to another company as they come due. Agency did nothing to help. Merritt Hall was the agency. WonÂ’t use them again either.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Another vote here for nationwide, we have everything with them except Life. We have only had auto claim, but even the medpay portion was straight up and easy to maneuver through. Usually not the cheapest but competitive often with better coverages

That said, and reading the grumbling about price increases all should be prepared for a spike in rates, especially on homeowners. Every insurance company was hurt by the hurricanes in FL and TX, and many are likely being hurt more now that Cali is burning. The reality is they recoup those payouts in a manner Bernie would approve of

And finally, pretty much agree with the discussion of local agent over online. In the last 3 to 5 years I've had occasion to question whether an agent does enough to earn their commission (have to get Nationwide thru an agent, sadly)

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Allstate p*ssed me off for the last time a couple of years ago (creeping rates with no explanation and no accident/ticket history) and I switched to Geico paying less than half for better coverage. I haven't had to make a claim on anything, but the home owner's is through Liberty Mutual.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Doing that today when I drop the check.
    My agent is a life long friend. He will recognize the look.
    h

A friend and I were talking about Motorcycle Insurance, when I told him what mine cost he got a Pale look on his face. I was paying 1/2 what he was on a Newer/Larger M/C. My Deductible was 1/2 his as well. He stated his Agent was a lifelong Friend from school. The company was Progressive so I told him to get an online Quote. $47.00 less per 6 months direct from the company with smaller Deductible. His "Old Friend" was getting $94.00 a year for being his "Old Friend"...................

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I had over 10 policies with SAFECO (rental properties, primary home, auto etc). Pulling everything from them. Never had a claim. They randomly sent a handyman out to check the roof on one of my rentals and felt the roof only had about 5 years left in it. My choice was to put a new roof on it or pay $120 to a qualified roofing contractor from their list to send them a report on the condition. If the contractor felt the roof had better than 5 years they would not make me put a new roof on it. If it was less, then I had 3 months to get it done. The reality was, I planned on putting a new roof on it in the next year or so but donÂ’t like to be strong-armed.

I told them if they cared that much, they could pay the $120 and I would abide by the results. They said no and told me they would cancel that particular policy if I ignored it. I ignored it and they did cancel it. I am moving every policy I own to another company as they come due. Agency did nothing to help. Merritt Hall was the agency. WonÂ’t use them again either.

I am fighting with Liberty Mutual right now over a Safeco hail claim. They are a PITA to deal with. I have had 3-4 different adjusters, all of them in California with messed up working hours. I'll be glad to be done dealing with them.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Erie Insurance for home and auto. Pekin for the m.cycles. Auto claims all went well. No claims (knock on wood) with the others. When I have price compared, Erie and Pekin win out.

nocash84

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    We started using Leugers Insurance Group in downtown Franklin to handle our properties and vehicles. They have saved us alot of money and the customer service has always been great. Call Stacey at 317-738-4663, she handles Auto/Home and Commercial.

Top Bottom