• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Looking for some suggestions here... Been with State Farm for years and have paid out alot of $$$$ to them. Now I have an issue and don't like the way I was treated today. We will see how this goes but might be looking to take my business elsewhere.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i have state farm for my cars. i had the same issue with the last claim i made and how one adjuster or rep or what ever he was did not want to work with me. i told him what i thought and i was no longer dealing with him in particular and wanted his boss. the next person that talked to me was awesome. her exact words "since we are suing the lady that hit you, we can throw your request on to the suit no problems!"

i know that doesnt help with home insurance, but may be able to try that approach if you havent already.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Dang. I just switched to State Farm. My home owner's insurance was cut in half, no joke.

I used Indiana Insurance in the past. I did NOT have good luck with them. A lot of "miscommunications" on their part. The last straw was when they forgot to send my lender the invoice for my insurance, then they canceled my policy on me when it wasn't paid.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I believe many situations like this are often a result of the actions of individuals rather than the company itself. I will say that at one time I tried to use State Farm for homeowners insurance because I had a friend that worked for an agent and they offered me a lower rate than others at the time. However, six months later my house payment suddenly increased due to a rate increase that ended up making the rate higher than what other companies had quoted in the first place.

I switched to Allstate. They are not always the cheapest, but I had them for auto insurance and the service always seemed good. I do not abuse insurance but over the years I have had several significant claims for both home and auto. They have never failed to cover anything and at times paid for related things I never would have thought of had they not offered it to me.

We had a run of bad luck for a while that resulted in 4 vans being totaled in about 4 years. Its a long story but all the accidents were the fault of other drivers. I was well taken care of each time and was never threatened with a rate increase or cancellation.

I'm sure there are those that may have had problems with Allstate, but they've been good to me. :twocents:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    My expierence w/ SFarm.... short story long: We had a driver hit 2 telephone poles appox 1/2 mile down the road from our house. IPL replaced them both and had the power up in about 8 hours.

2 days later another guy hits one of these new poles and sends a surge down the line wiping out 12 houses, from the toaster to the HVAC units (varying degrees of damage per house). We lost everything electrical.

At first it looked like SFarm was going to incurr the damages since they represented the driver, but after 2 weeks they say they are not responsible.... so sue us !!! No ones insurance was going to cover due to the incident not occuring on anyones property (I forget the technical term).

Finally mine and a neighbor got ours covered under our homeowners, both having American Family, they replaced our heat pump, qualified for the tax savings and received rebates too. All new appliances etc... we lost everything plugged in. But it took an uncle that was a big AMFAM rep to steer me in the right direction, saying the damage occured from my breaker box in since it didnt contain the surge properly.

Another neighbor w/ State Farm never did get covered and they represented the guy that hit the pole !!!! This was back in May and they are still in court as far as I know.....

But, like I reminded my agent.... your insurance is only as good as your agent !!!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have Farm Bureau but they just keep upping their rates more and more... to the point that they really aren't any cheaper than the others now...

Dad is switching all his farm and trucking stuff away from Farm Bureau because they are outrageous for coverage on the semis.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I have used Farmers (now Pekin) for many years for both auto and homeowners. They have very good rates and I have never had a problem with a claim. I won't go elsewhere just to save a few bucks.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've had pretty good luck with American Family. I know several people pretty happy with Farm Bureau.

I had American Family for almost 20 years up till 6 years ago when they decided to double my rates, I had never had a claim with them. So I said see ya when I moved.

I now have Nationwide and love them. 2 years ago I had my first ever clam because of our garage door snapping a spring as I was backing out of the garage. The result was the 18 year old behemoth of a door coming down and hitting the hatch and bumper as I was backing out.

Really big mess.

1 phone call was all I made at 7am on a Sat morning before Memorial day, they had a crew out by 11am to get the door up so we could get the vehicles out of the garage, and bright and early Monday morning on Memorial day they was replacing the door. I never had to make a call about anything else, including getting my SUV fixed.

Top notch in my books, and because of that, they got a customer for a long time because of how good everything was taken care of.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I use Liberty Mutual;)
    Had them until they raised my rates by over $800 one year. No claims, no late payments , no nothing. They said it was due to Company losses?!?!?
    Now I have Nationwide. I pay alot less and have better coverage with lower deductables.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I have Farm Bureau and have had them since I bought my first truck. I think a lot of it goes back to your agent. My agent has known my family and all our stuff is there. And I can't complain about premiums or service.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    State Farm has one of the worst reputations for paying claims
    just under Farmers. I have Farmers and am currently about
    50 days into a claim that they still have not settled.
    They are going against State Farm to recover anyhow
    (not my fault, lady t-boned my crew cab on new years eve):xmad:
    State Farm does not want to pay even though the police report
    has her cited with failure to yield and being the cause of the wreck.

I'm PO'ed. Not a good idea to PO a guy married to a lawyer.

I'll be needing a new INGO sticker unless I can find one in my range box. :):

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    usaa for all my insurance needs

And all my banking needs. Plus one car loan. And while I have an employer 401k, I'm probably going to start some kind of investment account with USAA too.

My father is retired Air Force and that's how I was able to be an USAA member.

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    State Farm has one of the worst reputations for paying claims
    just under Farmers. I have Farmers and am currently about
    50 days into a claim that they still have not settled.
    They are going against State Farm to recover anyhow
    (not my fault, lady t-boned my crew cab on new years eve):xmad:
    State Farm does not want to pay even though the police report
    has her cited with failure to yield and being the cause of the wreck.

I'm PO'ed. Not a good idea to PO a guy married to a lawyer.

I'll be needing a new INGO sticker unless I can find one in my range box. :):

We went through almost exactly the same thing. Our daughter was hit in a parking lot by a woman who ran a stop sign. The woman was cited for failing to stop and the police report stated that her actions(running the stop) caused the accident.
    Our daughter only carried liability coverage and the other pesons insurance(State Farm) stated that they "Didnt feel their cliant was at fault and would not pay the claim".:nuts:
    So after 7.5 months and a small claims lawsuit later, State farm paid the claim, court costs, rental car costs and pain and suffering to our daughter.:D

Oh and we have nationwide for everthing but the motorcycle and we use progressive for it.

Top Bottom