• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    The wife and I have been renting for several years now and are finally ready to buy a house. She graduated and received her nursing degree about 3 months ago. She's also secured a job that she sees herself staying at long term. We are wanting to start serious house shopping in April. By then I will have been at my job for 6 years and she'll have been at hers for 6 months.

My question is whether or not the lender will consider my wife's income since she will have only been employed as a nurse for a short time. She has a great work history prior to graduating but who isn't going to take a significant pay increase once they graduate as an RN. Thanks

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I believe most of the credit decisions are going to be based on the last two years W-2's.... In your wifes case they probably wont reflect highly. I have been wrong before though.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    You should be fine having your wife's income counted as there is a high probability that it will continue. I'm confident her income will count under Fannie Mae/ 'Freddie Mac quidelines.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    If you have good credit the lender will quilify you for an insane amount.

The bank will look at median income over the past few years. The bank does not view a job change if you stay in the same career. Nurse going to a different hospital, electrician moving to another company ect.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Lender wanted 1 year employment.

Only YOUR lender holds the answer to your question.

Unless you trust your lender with your life I would be talking to several, we ran into several that were flat stupid before finding one awesome guy who got it done with zero bs.

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    The wife and I have been renting for several years now and are finally ready to buy a house. She graduated and received her nursing degree about 3 months ago. She's also secured a job that she sees herself staying at long term. We are wanting to start serious house shopping in April. By then I will have been at my job for 6 years and she'll have been at hers for 6 months.

My question is whether or not the lender will consider my wife's income since she will have only been employed as a nurse for a short time. She has a great work history prior to graduating but who isn't going to take a significant pay increase once they graduate as an RN. Thanks

From my experience it does totally depend on the lender. My wife only had a year after school as a hygentist and they accepted here income at Salin Bank in Edinburgh, IN. I think some banks consider college prior work experience as well

Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    I ran into the same situation after my wife graduated nursing school. Our first house was in my name only and it worked out just fine.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Credit score is what can help no matter what….the higher the better. We bought our house and lender said she couldn't believe my credit score, bought a car last week and dealer and manager came out to shake my hand and said I they had never seen a higher score, had no problems getting a 4 years loan that I will pay off in 2 years or less. Same with all my loans they get paid off long before they are due. And I make money off credit cards, never paid interest and the Cabela's visa just keep buying me stuff. Is 884 CS good?

Top Bottom