• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    with there buttons? I don't know how to answer that.

Sorry, I could've been more clear.

Pretty much this:

He asked because many lights and lasers for long guns have on/off switches in locations closer to your hands normal location on the weapon for easier access.

Being that its a pump shotgun, it takes both hands to operate the weapon. I was curious how you planned on pulling the trigger, racking the action, and turning a light and laser on and off intermittently with just your two hands, as I didn't see a tape switch. This is something to consider as you get more time behind the gun with your new mods.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Being that its a pump shotgun, it takes both hands to operate the weapon. I was curious how you planned on pulling the trigger, racking the action, and turning a light and laser on and off intermittently with just your two hands, as I didn't see a tape switch. This is something to consider as you get more time behind the gun with your new mods.

I've just got a simle G2 Surefire on my HD 870. Mine is located to where I can hit it with my left hand while on teh fore-end. I"ll only be off it for a split second while racking the slide, so I didn't see a need for a tape switch endcap. On the OP's gun, it looks pretty far forard but maybe he's got Arsenio Hall length fingers!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have a tape switch for the laser, and i soon plan on getting a fenix or surefire and the tape switch will come with that getting one of those 2 lights. They are also lighter than the INova flashlight I have on it now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Glad you are happy, sad. However, I must ask, why do you think a heat shield adds anything to the guns? Just curious.

I like a standard magazine tube to keep balance and weight down--you never know how how you may have to keep the gun up.

I like a shorter length of pull stock to aid manipulation and for recoil management.

I like a sling for utility. I know some guys don't like them but I believe the benefits outweight the burdens.

I like a way to keep extra ammo on the weapon, side saddle or as a second choice butt cuff (as others have mentioned get a good one. I like Cold Comfort from Milt Sparks), some guys use both.

You'll learn that the secret of a shotgun is reloading. Practice loading to a dry gun and shoot one, load one and you'll be fine.

Here's how my slide-actions are set up--they are all the old "FBI Model" from Scattergun Technologies: 18" tube, short stock, carry sling (they came with goofy mall ninjy slings but I put on the simple carry strap), Surefire foreend (which has undergone two improvement over the years [not one word about my age]), a side saddle, and I have a trigger job done on all them.

From Kirk's Breakfast Nook:

11-21-10_1413.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I like the setup I got from TSG. Replaced the hand guard with one that has three rails on it, two on the sides one on the bottom. I mounted my TLR-1 on it and can operate the momentary switch or on/off one handed with the hand that is on the hand guard anyway. Great solution to mounting a light on a shotgun.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Glad you are happy, sad. However, I must ask, why do you think a heat shield adds anything to the guns? Just curious.

I like a standard magazine tube to keep balance and weight down--you never know how how you may have to keep the gun up.

I like a shorter length of pull stock to aid manipulation and for recoil management.

I like a sling for utility. I know some guys don't like them but I believe the benefits outweight the burdens.

I like a way to keep extra ammo on the weapon, side saddle or as a second choice butt cuff (as others have mentioned get a good one. I like Cold Comfort from Milt Sparks), some guys use both.

You'll learn that the secret of a shotgun is reloading. Practice loading to a dry gun and shoot one, load one and you'll be fine.

Here's how my slide-actions are set up--they are all the old "FBI Model" from Scattergun Technologies: 18" tube, short stock, carry sling (they came with goofy mall ninjy slings but I put on the simple carry strap), Surefire foreend (which has undergone two improvement over the years [not one word about my age]), a side saddle, and I have a trigger job done on all them.

From Kirk's Breakfast Nook:

11-21-10_1413.jpg

I like the heat sheild because it adds a badass look to the gun, but the most important reason is that i like the ghost ring sights that come on the heat shield. I like that the sights are raised a little bit, since a raised front sight would cost more than the heat sheild with the improved sights.

The length of pull is not really a factor for me, as I grew up on my Ithaca Model 37, the Mossberg actually seems to have a short length of pull for me.

Soon my sling mounts will come in, and I can attach a sling to it. I always intended to put a sling on it.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Resurection for the new look of the freshly Duracoat job done by INGO's own Matt of Front Towards Enemy Firearms. But I think this is the last gun he is DuraCoating.

Before
    1130000044a.jpg

After
    0603111350.jpg

0603111348.jpg

0603111350a.jpg

0603111350b.jpg

0603111351.jpg

Done in Duracoats Snow Grey. Gives it that sweet Two Tone look, and when mixed with he heat shield is enough to make you drool with lust.

Yes boys eat your hearts out.

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    Cool for home defense but anything else I wouldn't want two tone, guns are supposed to be sneaky. Who knows though maybe someone will invent a led
    strand to wrap the front of the gun and then the robber will really know you have it.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I like the heat shield with the ghost rings....I really like Mossys for a defensive shotgun, I think the safety and slide release are in the perfect spot....

Top Bottom