• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Turning your shells upside down in the sidesaddle will let you reload them a bit faster. All motions will be done under the sidesaddle, where the loading gate is.

Yes.... I had just cleaned them from a range trip and my son loaded them for the pics and I didnt even notice until the pic was posted....:dunno:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

Is something supposed to be impressive about that article. It showed the ballistics were pathetic and that past 10 yards (yes, only 10 yards) the pattern opened up enough that not all of the pellets would hit a man.

My favorite part was when he combined the weight and energy of all the 00 pellets and then said see the .410 is more powerful then a .45acp. As if the penetration and effectiveness of the pellets was determined by anything other then their individual characteristics. What he should have compared was a single 70gr pellet going 808fps to a 230gr bullet going 850~900fps.

So, the judge is a poorly balanced handgun that fires an ineffective caliber made by a second tier company, but i'm sure it has enough novelty to make up for all that.

asquinton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    I think your best options are the Remington 870 or the Mossberg 500. Each have their own personalities. The 500 has the thumb safety on top of the receiver that is arguably easier to operate. The slide release on the 500 is also in a slightly more convenient position for operation. The fit and finish on the 870's are better and the slides are more rigid than the 500. They've also made a bazzillion 870's so you can find parts and accessories anywhere.

The choice comes down to personal preference. I've run an 870 since I was 12 so I went with what I knew and was comfortable with. Each gun will do a fine job in a HD application.

I would STAY AWAY from the piston grip only stocks. They are difficult to manage when shooting and if you need accuracy, you won't have it with a pistol grip. Put a 13" length of pull butt stock on, back cut the the top of your recoil pad so it doesn't grab your arm pit, and rock on!

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    For what it worth this is my home defence shotgun. It holds 20 rounds of rifled slugs or 00 buck.. I trust my family’s life to it..

IMG_6804.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    winchester 1300 (defender) is a good hd shotgun

i agree, i do like the 1300. didnt they unfortunatly stop making it? so buying accessories might be difficult.

i also like the shotty in the pic above. 20 rounds thats all? no drum :dunno: :laugh: yeah id say that will ruin a bad guys day. but so will 1 well placed shot from my 870 with TAC 8 00BK. just saying. in some cases extra weight is just that... extra weight

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Just so everyone knows, when people say "870" and they mean quality, they are referring to the "Wingmaster" or "Police" models.

The "Express" models are far inferiour when it comes to smoothness and finish.

I use a 1967 Wingmaster, with an ar stock adapter, magpul ACS stock, magpul MIAD grip, 10 round extension tube, and 26" vent rib barrel with tritium insert.

Total cost $450

Breaks backyard clays, slays turkeys, and defends el-homesteado.

Top Bottom