• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    About 24 hours ago I had an even involve me.

A trio of men wreaked a car near my home on another street and this was the end of a short car chase. 12:30 or 12:40 I heard and felt them hit the ditch with the car and less than 2 minutes and very likely less than 1 we heard men running outside the bedroom wall of the house. They yelled something between them. 2 dogs softly barked alert and I jump to for pants and boots and the shotgun.

I walk around the house as IMPD is rolling through the area and one parked in front of the house to see down 2 streets. I go back inside for a shirt and a quick reload on the shotgun. In the dark I loaded a slug first and decided to pull that from the magazine and go with all 00. Leaving the SG inside I approach the parked officer and tell him possibly 2 men ran by my bedroom. Spoke for a minute on did not see and no positive count. Returned inside and took shotgun to truck for a flashlight. I will get more flashlights. Cleared the truck bed and as I leave the truck side a K9 officer is commenting on my presence so with SG in one hand and open palm in the other I call "resident here" and they promptly urge me to enter my house and stay there. I agreed and left them to the party.

They crawled all over several backyards and eventualy walked 2 men out to sit on the curb. Later an Ambulance and fire truck showed up to take 1 to hospital for K9 played with him rough.
    Cutting to the deal. I just went inside 10 min before. These 2 and 1 other spent the night hurting someone bad in a home invasion. Later they where robbing an Autozone. Must not have known the area because the road turned sharp and they didn't. A car chase had started and they did not stop when they wreaked. 2 ended up dancing with K9s. I didn't crash till 4AM.

Next day is a late start and I still walk the yard for just in case. This eve I walked the area they crashed at as well as the ditch they pulled the 2 out of. I found 1 German make rolm rg14 .22 revolver. Someone can correct me on that as I never touched it. I kinda got bent that nobody was sent out all day to take a general walk around to find this kind of prize I beat the kids to.

IMPD picked it up and took some new notes and pictures. Old man that lives next door mowed right over that pistol today. Glad the kids didn't find this piece. Showed it to them and said "this is an ugly gun" and reinforced the rules they have on notifying me.

Top Bottom