• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I think James must be the left lib gun toting anti gunner friend of a member that was discussed by a member here recently.

lol, whut? i tote one on me every day.....amazing to me how the only kind of gun owner accepted here by the majority are the ones that are only on the far far pro gun philosophy. It's as if many here believe there exists only two polar opposites, pro gun and anti gun.....which couldn't be further from the truth.

try opening up your mind to other viewpoints, you become a better person for it ;)

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    "left lib gun toting anti gunner friend"

Read carefully, he said you're a gun toter. Respond to the words, not your perception of the meaning behind them...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    trolls-do-not-feed-them-rush-limbaugh-politics-trolls-idiots-demotivational-poster-1248822392.jpg

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Sitting here naked at the kitchen table with a pair of 1911s strapped on eating eggs over easy with fried potatoes and crispy bacon. MMMMM.

My hair trigger is getting itchy and I'm anxious to spray some hot lead!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Sitting here naked at the kitchen table with a pair of 1911s strapped on eating eggs over easy with fried potatoes and crispy bacon. MMMMM.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I don't know what I'm gonna have to do to get these images out of my head today now....thanks :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I thought I was the only one doing that today.......

scarboni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Unknown
    What a dream ! Sometimes thay are so real it scares the hell out of you,then you wake and think s.o.b i'm glad that wasn't real..............

Salvation

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Hamilton Co
    i feel preparing your entire life for something that, by the odds, will almost never happen, is being a fanatic. ok, call it overcautious if it means you don't get your feelings hurt...whatever

people throw up things like health insurance....to equate the need for it with carrying....trying to make some sort of connection that somehow needing a firearm on your couch at home is as common as becoming terribly ill

it's just not. odds are nearly everyone will become extremely ill and need surgery or hospitalization at least once if not more in their lifetime, yet millions of people go their entire life never owning or needing a gun

hey, to each his own, i give a damn less, but my opinion on the matter is being prepared for a shootout by carrying 24/7/365 is relatively extreme when you calculate extremely small potential for exposure.

the odds of getting seriously injured in a car accident (with or without seatbelt) is much higher than being in a "need for a firearm" situation by itself, do you wear a seatbelt when on the couch in your house? because the odds of needing that are probably greater than ever needing a gun while on the same couch. You could much more likely contract a disease on that couch than have someone kick in your door, but how many of you would carry a gun 24hours on their person but not go to the doctor at all when ill?

all things in moderation, the likelihood of exposure should determine the level of preparedness. there's no way in hell i am living my entire life preparing for a lightning strike on my couch, because I would say the odds are about the same

So if odds are against experiencing a violent situation why did you even bother purchasing a firearm in the first place? According to you you will never need it in this game of odds we are playing. You claim its because of US that you chose to carry, however I can assure you we have a much higher moral character than you give us credit for.

As a parting thought....

Carry condition 1 or your done!

Kev

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    So if odds are against experiencing a violent situation why did you even bother purchasing a firearm in the first place? According to you you will never need it in this game of odds we are playing. You claim its because of US that you chose to carry, however I can assure you we have a much higher moral character than you give us credit for.

As a parting thought....

Carry condition 1 or your done!

Kev

He could have used the money instead to buy bacon!:rockwoot:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    i feel preparing your entire life for something that, by the odds, will almost never happen, is being a fanatic. ok, call it overcautious if it means you don't get your feelings hurt...whatever

people throw up things like health insurance....to equate the need for it with carrying....trying to make some sort of connection that somehow needing a firearm on your couch at home is as common as becoming terribly ill

it's just not. odds are nearly everyone will become extremely ill and need surgery or hospitalization at least once if not more in their lifetime, yet millions of people go their entire life never owning or needing a gun

hey, to each his own, i give a damn less, but my opinion on the matter is being prepared for a shootout by carrying 24/7/365 is relatively extreme when you calculate extremely small potential for exposure.

the odds of getting seriously injured in a car accident (with or without seatbelt) is much higher than being in a "need for a firearm" situation by itself, do you wear a seatbelt when on the couch in your house? because the odds of needing that are probably greater than ever needing a gun while on the same couch. You could much more likely contract a disease on that couch than have someone kick in your door, but how many of you would carry a gun 24hours on their person but not go to the doctor at all when ill?

all things in moderation, the likelihood of exposure should determine the level of preparedness. there's no way in hell i am living my entire life preparing for a lightning strike on my couch, because I would say the odds are about the same

From the moment you are born you are being taught and prepared for events that will and can happen in life.

Some of it is useless and will never be used in your day to day life experiences, but during that time you will mature and become an adult and maybe one time, just once....

You'll have a moment when you'll look back and say to yourself, " I should have learned a little more to be better prepared."

You're 35, 15 years ago I was your age, brash, thought I knew it all. But unlike you, I never had the mindset that I would play the "odds" with the game of life.

Millions upon millions of people go through life each and every day thinking that this or that will never happen to me, then the inevitable happens and IT does happen to them. Like a friend I had when I was younger. You see he was fascinated by storms and lightning, just as I was.
    We used to stand in the doorway in front of the storm door and his mom would yell at us to get out of the doorway.

When I was 10, they moved to Kansas at the end of the school year and my mom promised we would go see them before school started.

I never got to see him, you see he died while sitting on the couch while looking out the window at a massive lighting storm.

I still storm watch, but even though the odds of me being struck and killed by lighting are very very small I don't play those odds. Just like I'm not going to play the odds with the game of life when there's some crazy idiot out there that don't care about my life, and there is one out there that does not care about yours either whether it be a drunk, an angry crazed a-ahole on the road or the meth crazed crack head that breaks into your dwelling when you least expect it with a loaded gun.

Someday you'll learn young padawan.

Top Bottom