• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.
    If the Idiot is that smart how come he got a rap sheet and on probation? Someone that smart should never get hung up on charges that a mere sub intelligent cop could pinch. Must be a bumb rap. (I was born and raised in Attica and there are real smart people that breath that air)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I guess I can mutate this thread, since I started it:
    Our oldest daughter might never have been tested, AFAIK. Didn't really need to test her though. She never got below an A throughout her entire school career, including college, until she got a B in indoor soccer in Costa Rica because she had to come back to America before the final. In HS, valedictorian (4.11 GPA), co-captain of the CC team, Academic Super Bowl state champion team, stage manager for the play, Lions Club International Leo of the Year, homecoming queen. Soon going back to Beijing for intensive Mandarin (speaking AND writing), and then off for a graduate linguistics degree at Columbia. I'm sure she's way up there, but that means nothing without the determination she also has. She continually amazes me.

Though I doubt she has ever tried to make a grenade.

What about a death-ray? I figure the ones making explosives will eliminate themselves. The really smart ones could build a death-ray.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm curious about the charge for a hoax device, how is that determined? Those inert grenades you see people selling at gun shows must not fall in this area.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Here's the thing - when many of us were kids, we made all sorts of things that went poof. Back then it was called applied chemistry or tom foolery experimentation. Then if you got caught it more than likely would mean a talking to or something severe family side and sometimes someone lost a finger or three.

Today the law is absolute and without much leeway.

I bet he knew he could get in trouble. Wonder if he knew how much. If he did, why would he leave them lying around? And if he was a master planner of mass destruction, again, why would he leave them lying around?

Yeppers, mortars, frags, rockets, cannons, tree stumps flying through the air, water pipe muzzleloaders, buoyantly floating plastic cleaner bags with long waxed wicks...
    And reached adulthood with only a few whippings, fewer scars and the right number of fingers and eye balls.
    You know I feel sorry for kids growing up nowadays.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here's the thing - when many of us were kids, we made all sorts of things that went poof. Back then it was called applied chemistry or tom foolery experimentation. Then if you got caught it more than likely would mean a talking to or something severe family side and sometimes someone lost a finger or three.

Today the law is absolute and without much leeway.

I bet he knew he could get in trouble. Wonder if he knew how much. If he did, why would he leave them lying around? And if he was a master planner of mass destruction, again, why would he leave them lying around?

Few things are more dangerous than a couple of kids, an oxy-acetylene torch kit, some garbage bags, a can of lighter fluid . . .

. . . or so I've heard.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Few things are more dangerous than a couple of kids, an oxy-acetylene torch kit, some garbage bags, a can of lighter fluid . . .

. . . or so I've heard.

I may or may not have knowledge of two brothers who conducted some "experiments" involving empty CO2 cylinders, shotgun powder, and cannon fuse quite some years ago.

Knowledge was gained, fun was had, and there were no casualties, or felony charges.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I may or may not have knowledge of two brothers who conducted some "experiments" involving empty CO2 cylinders, shotgun powder, and cannon fuse quite some years ago.

Knowledge was gained, fun was had, and there were no casualties, or felony charges.

Nice to see you still keep in touch. I wonder if they are the same two I knew who put gunpowder inside PVC pipe and lit with fuse

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I wonder if they are the same two I knew who put gunpowder inside PVC pipe and lit with fuse

Very possibly.........

Nice to see you still keep in touch.

Yes, I don't get to see him very often these days. Sometimes I really miss that free-spirited young man. He was a visionary with such grand aspirations.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Nice to see you still keep in touch. I wonder if they are the same two I knew who put gunpowder inside PVC pipe and lit with fuse

Very possibly.........

Yes, I don't get to see him very often these days. Sometimes I really miss that free-spirited young man. He was a visionary with such grand aspirations.

Hmmmmm . . .

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Does anyone remember the machinegun dealer named Kent Lamont, and his lack of fingers? I knew one of his childhood friends who says that Kent lost his first two fingers with a homemade shotgun, and he subsequently lost others with "various experiments"

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

. . . or so I've heard.

I may have heard that it was models of WWII tanks filled with baggies of gas and firecrackers...just heard mind you...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I may have heard that it was models of WWII tanks filled with baggies of gas and firecrackers...just heard mind you...

From what read and/or heard, in a purely hypothetical sense, mind you, those would be test runs leading up to, say, an old VW microbus in a junkyard filled with garbage bags.

Hypothetically.

Or so I've heard.

Top Bottom